Aberdeen v Motherwell 27/12

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Yeah, betting this gets called off before the 4pm Mark. If not then they are absolutley nuts and the " for the fans saftey" literally means nothing.

Should still have called it earlier as the A90 was blocked at 2pm. Feel sorry for supporters clubs buses that have left along with fans.

20 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Correct decision but I could have called it off from my kitchen window at 9am.

Thats what I find frustrating - I was out in it most of the morning and it was horrendous...a quick look at the forecast would have suggested that there would be major flooding (there certainly is ootside my hoose) and roads closed (some due to snow from further inland) and that it was only sensible to call it off early.

Not shocked this is off - driving in the city isn't too tricky (just done city centre to Pittodrie-ish) but getting into it in the first place looks horrible. East End's ground probably looks like something out of a Tough Mudder event just now.

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Only called off to allow Motherwell more time for their game against Livingston, IMO.  

Will probably make f**k all difference but the establishment clubs need to be looked after. Only fair after all. 

Edit to add. Ross County games all being postponed to allow Uncle Roy to spend his millions in the transfer window in time for the rescheduled games 🤷‍♂️

Edited by welldaft

48 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Perfect winter's night for football in Aberdeen. I ran 4.5 miles in the morning, and I'll run 4.5 miles home and I've experienced far far worse than today.

We might as well get the drama queens on Fubar News to decide whether the game is playable from now on.

You realise that most roads between Aberdeen and Motherwell are literally closed so nobody can get through dont you?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You realise that most roads between Aberdeen and Motherwell are literally closed so nobody can get through dont you?

And you realise that the game is being played in Aberdeen not on the roads between Aberdeen and Motherwell?

If both teams are in the city, and I believe they are, then the game should go ahead.

It's not up to the 'authorities' to decide whether it's safe for the individual to travel. They have to be responsible enough to make that decision for themselves.

Just because old Jock can't shift his tractor through his farm road in New Pistligo because it looks like the Somme doesn't mean the game should be off.

The conditions in Aberdeen are perfect for a game of football.

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Perfect winter's night for football in Aberdeen. I ran 4.5 miles in the morning, and I'll run 4.5 miles home and I've experienced far far worse than today.

We might as well get the drama queens on Fubar News to decide whether the game is playable from now on.

alan-partridge-steve-coogan.gif

9 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

And you realise that the game is being played in Aberdeen not on the roads between Aberdeen and Motherwell?

If both teams are in the city, and I believe they are, then the game should go ahead.

It's not up to the 'authorities' to decide whether it's safe for the individual to travel. They have to be responsible enough to make that decision for themselves.

Just because old Jock can't shift his tractor through his farm road in New Pistligo because it looks like the Somme doesn't mean the game should be off.

The conditions in Aberdeen are perfect for a game of football.

Who does that benefit exactly?

Aberdeen lose an absolute fortune in money and the games played in an empty stadium.

Or you just wait a few weeks and have neither of those issues.

Why not just wait? Whats the rush?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen lose an absolute fortune in money and the games played in an empty stadium.

Desperate to play us before our winning streak starts!! 😜

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

An empty stadium!? There would've been plenty of fans in tonight.

The likelihood is that the rearranged game will be played in worse conditions than tonight.

It benefits Aberdeen, because we are beginning to get a fixture backlog before the split with the winter break and Scottish Cup, it benefits Aberdeen because we get to play against a team with a condemned manager, it benefits Aberdeen because we still have Miovski and we're practically at full strength squad wise which might not be the case at the end of January, it benefits Aberdeen because we're on a good run at the moment.

It probably doesn't benefit Motherwell but I'm an Aberdeen fan and don't care too much about them.

Who is to say winter won't really kick in during February and more games postponed?

So that's the rush...

Edited by Bogbrush1903