Coaching Carousel 2024

lichtie23

49 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Have to admit that I thought Harbaugh was using the Chargers to get a huge new deal with Michigan, but obviously not!

I think Harbaugh is done with College football, for now at least. Nine years building toward a Championship that he has finally won, plus there is the possibility that NCAA suspends him anyway. The one thing left to do as a coach is win the Superbowl, and at 60 I think he must feel that now is the time to be building something with the aim to do that, because while the Chargers have some pieces in place, they're not likely to be genuine contenders for a couple of years at least. I wouldn't blame him if he wants to be retired within 5-10 years, so starting now toward winning that SB makes sense. From what I understand the Chargers have given him a 5 year contract. No details of $ amounts yet, but I'd be surprised if the Michigan offer wasn't actually larger than what he got from LAC. This is about Harbaugh's ambition more than money, he's been pretty unequivocal about that.

27 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Dave Canales gets the Panthers job. 

Undoubtedly had Mayfield playing well this year, but not convinced a guy with 1 year as a coordinator under his belt is what the Panthers need to turn things around.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Undoubtedly had Mayfield playing well this year, but not convinced a guy with 1 year as a coordinator under his belt is what the Panthers need to turn things around.

The Panthers job is by far the hardest out of all that was available. 

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The Panthers job is by far the hardest out of all that was available. 

It's obviously not just a one year rebuild but it's a tough gig for anyone, never mind a rookie HC.

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Raheem Morris beats bill Belichick and gets the Falcons job!  

Pretty underwhelming tbh. He was fine when he was here before and he’s not an arsehole which beats out Arthur Smith but it’s just so meh. Suppose it could be wise getting a defensive minded guy in to try and make up for losing Nielsen.

Not that I wanted Bill in the slightest but this isn’t exactly box office. Will reserve my judgement for next year until we take another running back or something at 8.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Are there any other landing spots for Belichick or is that him done? 

Presumably if he doesn't get a coaching role then the TV networks will be falling over themselves to get him on?

17 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Are there any other landing spots for Belichick or is that him done? 

I've always felt he might land in Washington, one of only two jobs still vacant. Plenty of other free candidates though.

Screenshot_20240126_004835_X.jpg

Edited by peasy23

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I've always felt he might land in Washington, one of only two jobs still vacant. Plenty of other free candidates though.

Screenshot_20240126_004835_X.jpg

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

Can't see Belichick at Seattle, no chance. Commanders or bust then.

Ben Johnson is the new HC of Commanders.  It's been agreed for at least a week.  

Belichick wasn't even on our shortlist.  Didn't even get a virtual interview 

Edited by Antiochas III

On 26/01/2024 at 05:36, Antiochas III said:

Ben Johnson is the new HC of Commanders.  It's been agreed for at least a week.  

Belichick wasn't even on our shortlist.  Didn't even get a virtual interview 

Aye, I'm quite excited for Johnson tbf. 

I've already forgotten this season, all steam ahead for next year.