Time travel

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Even if this is true, the warning would still work equally well given that the people who died on it certainly thought they were on the Titanic.

10 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Yes, let's pick the bones out of the post in a topic about time travel.

If we’re going to be all statto pedantic about a nonsense subject, Dundee won the cup on 20 April 1910 and the Titanic went down on 14-15 April 1910.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay

55 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

If we’re going to be all statto pedantic about a nonsense subject, Dundee won the cup on 20 April 1910 and the Titanic went down on 14-15 April 1910.

Sad Cheryl Cole GIF

Oh dear Melanius.

My original thoughts on being able to go back in time would be to witness various tragedies including the Titanic, 9/11 and various famous battles from wars. Would also like to see the outcomes of various mysteries, unsolved murders and abductions over the years before going back to 4000 bc and watch the aliens build the pyramids.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

If we’re going to be all statto pedantic about a nonsense subject, Dundee won the cup on 20 April 1910 and the Titanic went down on 14-15 April 1912.

FTFY

13 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

the Boars Rock

Used to work in a place on Mid Craigie Road 1972-1974 when the Boars Rock opened. It was a godsend as it meant at lunch time we didn’t have to stash a palate against the back wall and climb into the Eastern Necropolis then head to the Tayview Hotel on the Ferry Road. Food was better there though as you could get a bowl of home made soup and a main course for some exceptionally cheap price, unlike their beer. The Boars Rock only did pen and beans, mince rolls or a hamburger roll, which was that horrible boiled shite. Wouldn’t want to go back in time to then other than to see Mary who used to wear very short skirts, usually white boots and had massive norks.

22 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Would probably like to travel back to everytime a bird has been flirting with me and I’ve not realised it til 3 days later 

This happened to me but in some cases it was 10 years til I realised.

36 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Would probably like to travel back to everytime a bird has been flirting with me and I’ve not realised it til 3 days later 

There's a few occasions where I really wish I hadn't been quite as neurodiverse and unaware of social cues till way after.

Oh and to be in the studio the first time Paul heard the joke "What do you call a dug with wings?"

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Wow! Is that a new conspiracy theory - is there a suggestion that the two events are related?

I know that Raith Rovers were once shipwrecked but I didn't know there was a suggestion that Dundee FC sank the Titanic.

The health lottery of living in a pre-antibiotics world limits it for me (even though I'm allergic to penicillin) -1959 would be good as Saints won the Scottish Cup and possessing a reasonable memory of sporting events I could make a few bob - eg 7-1 on Cassius Clay to defeat Sonny Liston in their first bout.

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Wow! Is that a new conspiracy theory - is there a suggestion that the two events are related?

I know that Raith Rovers were once shipwrecked but I didn't know there was a suggestion that Dundee FC sank the Titanic.

Worth investigating.  If true, I suggest their cup win is declared null and void.

22 hours ago, southernrover said:

I'd honestly go back to all the towns and places I know now to see what they were like 50, 100, 150 years ago and what have you. What's changed, what x looked like before y happened, what was this pub or that ground really like...

In case you haven't seen this before:

https://www.oldmapsonline.org/en/Scotland