Time travel

12 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well, obviously depending how far back you go. But even as recently as the start of the 20th century most people didn't brush their teeth, and the idea of bathing and changing clothes regularly is fairly recent. Also, if you get an abscess it would just fester before there were antibiotics etc.

It's really not.

All of these concepts have been proven to exist for thousands of years. It's a myth that people didn't wash and used to stink.

24 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

It's really not.

All of these concepts have been proven to exist for thousands of years. It's a myth that people didn't wash and used to stink.

In Ancient Egypt, Pre-Columbine America and some other countries, maybe. In Britain, they would have stank. The OP said we could travel in time, not in time and space, so I assumed we were still in Britain.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

In Egypt and some other countries, maybe. In Britain, they would have stank. The OP said we could travel in time, not in time and space.

Nah you're wrong.

People have washed clothes regularly, brushed their teeth, used perfumes and bathed in Britain for thousands of years now.

I'd imagine the streets would be noticeably more stinky but not much difference in the people. 

1 minute ago, RuMoore said:

Nah you're wrong.

People have washed clothes regularly, brushed their teeth, used perfumes and bathed in Britain for thousands of years now.

I'd imagine the streets would be noticeably more stinky but not much difference in the people. 

Ahem.. 

NINTCHDBPICT000428221175.jpg

Dallas, at the time of the JFK shooting, keeping a close eye on the 6th floor of the schoolbook depository and grassy knoll.

Biblical times, see what the script is with this Jesus bloke. If nothing to see, then seeing as how I’m there anyway, will do my best to fwee Wodewick.

The morning of 911. You couldn’t interfere with anything as that fcuks up Marty McFly’s parents ever shagging, but it would be something to go wandering around, then get the fcuk out of there on the Staten Island ferry.

Ibrox Stadium, Govan, 2012, to witness a virgin birth, seeing as how I already went Biblical and that shit was made up by a drunkard in a Gallilee boozer.

To be really quite trivial, I'd go back to my student days and when my now wife asked if I wanted to go to a Runrig concert at Barrowlands answer "yes ok" instead of "no, I'll see you at the disco when the concert is over".

Fekin' eejit.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Dallas, at the time of the JFK shooting, keeping a close eye on the 6th floor of the schoolbook depository and grassy knoll.

Stephen King wrote a novel called 11.22.63 using time travel to do precisely this.

This was also made into a mini-series starring James Franco.  I think it might be on Netflix.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

The first question would be am I dumped into whatever time/place without resources (making anything much older than about 19:45 dicey on both the medical front and the stranger in an area front) or are you an observer (meaning you don’t experience, just view)?

I recall some scientist pointing out that whether or not time travel is possible, simply being an observer would be even more difficult because it would require photons of light to travel through time simply because you want them to.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Which 6th Floor…yours or Americas?

Probably 60s for music and drugs. Also pre CCTV and fingerprints so I'd grow a handlebar moustache, don a broon leather jacket with tassels and rob banks town to town in my Ford Cortina. 

Then either back to present day to live comfortably with my loot (the jacket would get sold as vintage on eBay for a tidy sum, moustache altered as present day fashion dictates and the motor didn't fit in the time travel machine) OR back in time again so I could pretend to invent all the things we can't live without today and be forever known as the greatest mind to have ever lived.

Then go rob some more shit.