πŸ§‘πŸ–€πŸ§‘ Shed v Cowshed πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ’™

21 minutes ago, madton said:

I heard Goodwin talking about his analytics team "slowing the tackle right down and you can clearly see he won the ball."

If you need to slow it right down Jim, its not clear at all.

Had no view of the pen claim from the other end but sounds like big Kirk was up to his usual and we got away with one!Β 

Are United fans still raging at Strapps throw ins??

There were a few round me who absolutely raging at the throw-ins. Β I expected them to be a source of time wasting but in truth, I thought they came in as quick as you would normally expect.Β 
Β 

The keeper was at it a bit, but he was far from the worse we’ve seen at Tannadice this season. Β 
Β 

The ref though - spending 45 seconds booking the goalie for time wasting and then only adding only four minutes at the end - he’s basically doing the guy’s job for him. Β And one minute in the first half? Β After four goals? Β Strange, but probably slightly sour grapes. Β 
Β 

Less time-wasting from Morton than many others, including Raith Rovers.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Really not sure why you'd classify two wins in a row as any sort of achievement for your manager given the context of this division.

Dundee United will have by some distance the largest budget. By virtue of that budget - and the absence of any serious title contender - Dundee United should be winning the league by at least a 10 point margin this season. Not only is Goodwin not on track to do that, he's not even got you top of the pile on a regular basis.Β 

The overall league record does look okay on paper but either scraping past Raith or doing a McKinnon and ending up in the playoffs would be a poor return on investment. And given you have two trips to Cappielow to navigate after today's defeat (and home draw earlier this season), at least some alarm bells should be clanging about your capacity to saunter to the title right now.

It's very much Kilmarnock from a couple of years ago vibes. They had the good sense to bin Tommy Wright halfway through the season while underperforming and even still only just got over the line and no more. Not saying that Goodwin must go, but he's objectively failing at his task right now.

Meh, were it not for Raith Rovers and their lucky monkey-paw run of results United would be comfortably in front. Β Both clubs are (or were before they both lost today) on track for topping 80 points this season. Β United’s goal difference is +32, they’re winning a lot of games with a lot to spare. Β 
Β 

A bad result today, against a team playing well, it’s football, it happens. I’d be scared if we rolled the dice we’d end up with another Jack Ross, Liam Fox, Mixu, Ray McKinnon, Csaba or any of the myriad other fuds we’ve had to endure since McLean retired. Β As a Utd fan, I’m happy to stick. Β The wheels seem to be wobbling on the Raith-bandwagon anyway.Β 

Graham getting bullied by Oakley today reminded me of the same performance he put up against Ugwu on the opening day a few seasons ago when he was with Dunfermline.Β 

I am really sorry Dundee Utd fans I have just listened to Goodwin's interview apart from the incident with the penalty he is talking a load of shite be gracious in defeat. Morton are well drilled and are very good at what they do. 2 visits to Tannadice 4 points out of 6.

Oakley is a real handful - he came on in our game at Starks earlier in the season and fair changed the game IMO, him and Muirhead caused chaos with their physical presence. Not surprised to read he bullied the boy Graham - he came on for Gallagher at Starks for the final 10 minutes and my honest opinion looked like a fucking coo who could be got at.Β 
Β 

How longs Gallagher out for? May have a bearing where you strengthen in the window.Β 
Β 

Fair play to Morton πŸ‘πŸ» - style may not be everyone’s cup of tea but some upturn in form, considering there was pressure on Imrie earlier in the season.Β 

Got to laugh at Dundee Utd claiming for a foul on Holt for the winner… there’s only one player grabbing a shirt then taking a swipe and falling on his arse, and it wasn’t George :lol:Β 

Definitely not a foul for the winner, just shite defending from Holt who probably had his worst game since signing.Β 
The lack of attacking options is killing us, Moult off injured at half time and we can only bring a midfielder on to replace him, whether it’s Murray or someone else we desperately need to get another striker in pronto.Β 

Actually stunned that any United fan could even attempt to claim Kevin Holt was fouled here. It's just bombscare defending, him trying to grab Oakley and then falling on his arse.

Fucking hell DABs. Embarrassing to try and claim that as a foul if you did.

Β 

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

There were a few round me who absolutely raging at the throw-ins. Β I expected them to be a source of time wasting but in truth, I thought they came in as quick as you would normally expect.Β 
Β 

The keeper was at it a bit, but he was far from the worse we’ve seen at Tannadice this season. Β 
Β 

The ref though - spending 45 seconds booking the goalie for time wasting and then only adding only four minutes at the end - he’s basically doing the guy’s job for him. Β And one minute in the first half? Β After four goals? Β Strange, but probably slightly sour grapes. Β 
Β 

Less time-wasting from Morton than many others, including Raith Rovers.

Goodwin used to employ stinking tactics when he first took over at Alloa. Over time he developed them up to playing some decent stuff in the end. This is the second time this season Morton have managed to stop them playing and give them something to think about. Having used a similar set up before and managed in three different leagues it sums Goodwin up not being able to set his team up to win yesterdayΒ  Β 

38 minutes ago, Mon eh Ton said:

That long ball from Mullen to set up Oakley's third was fantastic.

β€œπŸ˜³ but….. Β  Β  but………….. Β it was a LONG BALL!! Β a LONG BALL!!!”

Β 

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Β 

2 hours ago, cet homme charmant said:

Highlights are upΒ 

Β 

Watching those highlights show again just how well-taken all three goals were, big George is proving to be a class act.

And although it’s understandable, it’s a shame that United remove their live commentary from the highlights - Β that Dave guy is an absolute mouth on a stick.  😁

Β