6 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I’ve been quite critical of the team in recent weeks, we’ve been well off it and I thought the Ayr and Arbroath performances were awful.

However, I genuinely thought we were better today, it wasn’t an awful performance and I don’t think we deserved to get beat. We obviously weren’t brilliant but Queens Park were clinical we weren’t. Goals we lost were poor (first was an excellent finish tbf) but what you expect when you have makeshift back 4. The only player playing in his natural position was Liam Dick and I thought he was woeful, struggled to find his own man all day.

However, we still created enough opportunities to get something from the game. A combination of poor finishing (particularly from Hamilton) a bit of a bad luck and some excellent goalkeeping from Ferrie kept us out.

I said after the Arbroath game there was no chance we win the league, I expect most fans will agree now but 2nd would be an excellent season and something to build on whether we go up or not. We carried a lot of luck earlier in the season, some wee things are now going against us, it happens and you can see the wave of confidence that was carrying us through games has gone at the moment but I’m honestly less frustrated today than after the Ayr/Arbroath games.

Caveat being Queens Park are obviously one of the poorest teams in the league. However, credit to them for a huge result, they worked hard were well organised and showed a level of game management that they lacked and had cost them in previous games. I thought they rode their luck a bit and probably fortunate to get the 3 points in my opinion but given how the previous two games between the sides went, I can’t really begrudge them getting the breaks today.

Excellent summary of where we were, where we are, and, where we hope still yet to be 👏👏👏👍

29 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It's not been good since the 16th dec, with the exception of the Pars match 

I'm sure it was after that game Murray made a comment about how well we'd done as the team chasing and he was looking to see how we would cope with being the team being chased.  Turns out the answer to that question was 'horrendously'.

Easton and Vaughan both need a spell starting on the bench. Easton isn't quite on it, and Vaughan is trying to do too much. Both are pets of IM, and it shows when he plays them too much.

Mullin is no RB, that was a mistake by IM. It then left Brown exposed with players driving in from the attacking left. The same wasn't happened from the defensive left, where Dick did what Mullin couldn't do. That being said, Mullin was necessary today, but should have been playing RM, not RB.

Turner looks just fine, his vision is good, and for a guy with a practice or two under the belt, he hit plenty of sweet passes. Would have liked a couple of pops from him, but can't complain.

If Corr doesn't get a run of matches, we have no hope of re-signing him for next season, which would be unfortunate. He looks a talented young CB, and we could use that.

Masson is done at the Rovers. IM has made it clear he won't get to play or a loan, so his deciding at agree to re-sign last year was a mistake he won't repeat.

Matthews and Watson, I just don't know...what happened?

Millen, well, what can you say. We can't really afford to sit him to send a message, we have no cover that 1) IM is willing to use and 2) can do the job.

The Rovers 4-1-3-2 has been solved by the league, it's time to be a bit more conventional. 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. If the cup match against Livi wasn't so damn winnable/valuable, I'd say roll out McGill/Masson/Corr/Hannah at the back, because Dick could use a rest.

On 09/01/2024 at 23:07, da_no_1 said:

Home win. Let's be honest here. Queens Park were rotten last Friday night despite the Beeb love-in. Trouble was we were just a bit more so. This'll be 4 or 5 scud.

image.jpeg.0633d5d1e76fb0ce03c031d5155f923c.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It was always going to happen  when you prioritise every other position except defence. McNeil who threw in a shit ton of goals when he played for Edinburgh City. But hey that’s not a problem. You can tell Easton wants away with that display AGAIN. 

State of this. Maybe lay of the stardog for a bit champ. McNeil was absolutely fine in goal. That is an absolutely fucking ridiculous thing to say about Dylan Easton. If you can't handle the odd defeat f**k off and support old firm or some epl team.

Very makeshift defence today and it showed. Full cost of Millen's stupidity at the end of last week's game revealed as Mullin was understandably out of position for the equaliser. He's not a right-back. Probably would have been better with McGill there like earlier in the season.

Where was Matthews today?

48 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

It's actually embarrassing but this has been coming all season. 

Every bloody game pretty much we finish with 6 players upfront, it's a joke. The formation and personnel starting needs completely changed. A good few need dropped Easton, Vaughan, Byrne, Connolly, cannae drop the defence as they are all injured 😂

Woeful, again all comes down to poor management decisions in my eyes. Murray really worries me with his inability to spot the glaring issues in front of him. Defence and a striker, instead he brings in another midfielder?! Maybe Matthews is crocked again, who knows but we are over run with midfielders. 

So poor 😒

Fans like you are the embarrassment.  First bad patch of our best season in years and you are slating the manager and calling for 3 players who have been tremendous to be dropped.  Get a grip man.

Edited by RR #1

Just now, bagpuss said:

Very makeshift defence today and it showed. Full cost of Millen's stupidity at the end of last week's game revealed as Mullin was understandably out of position for the equaliser. He's not a right-back. Probably would have been better with McGill there like earlier in the season.

Where was Matthews today?

Can't take any credit away from the lad Bruce, a great touch and fine shot, regardless of who was there he had a bit to do and did it well.

Connolly was out of sorts for most of the first half, not sure whether to cover Mullin or push on and let him do his job. Very disjointed from us overall.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Easton and Vaughan both need a spell starting on the bench. Easton isn't quite on it, and Vaughan is trying to do too much. Both are pets of IM, and it shows when he plays them too much.

Mullin is no RB, that was a mistake by IM. It then left Brown exposed with players driving in from the attacking left. The same wasn't happened from the defensive left, where Dick did what Mullin couldn't do. That being said, Mullin was necessary today, but should have been playing RM, not RB.

Turner looks just fine, his vision is good, and for a guy with a practice or two under the belt, he hit plenty of sweet passes. Would have liked a couple of pops from him, but can't complain.

If Corr doesn't get a run of matches, we have no hope of re-signing him for next season, which would be unfortunate. He looks a talented young CB, and we could use that.

Masson is done at the Rovers. IM has made it clear he won't get to play or a loan, so his deciding at agree to re-sign last year was a mistake he won't repeat.

Matthews and Watson, I just don't know...what happened?

Millen, well, what can you say. We can't really afford to sit him to send a message, we have no cover that 1) IM is willing to use and 2) can do the job.

The Rovers 4-1-3-2 has been solved by the league, it's time to be a bit more conventional. 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. If the cup match against Livi wasn't so damn winnable/valuable, I'd say roll out McGill/Masson/Corr/Hannah at the back, because Dick could use a rest.

To be fair, Brown was doing his share of leaving people exposed today.  Not sure if it's because he's having to adjust to being back at CB after playing a few games in his usual position but he kept chasing players and ending up way out of position.  He did it at one point in the second half and ended up away out on the right hand touchline, leaving a massive gap at the centre of defence, so Dick had to drop in to cover meaning we had no left back and Queen's Park promptly stuck the ball over there to take advantage. 

45 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Masson at RB Masson at CB Masson, Masson, Adam  fucking Masson.

Please give it a rest about playing Adam Masson. He is not good enough end of.

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Can't take any credit away from the lad Bruce, a great touch and fine shot, regardless of who was there he had a bit to do and did it well.

Connolly was out of sorts for most of the first half, not sure whether to cover Mullin or push on and let him do his job. Very disjointed from us overall.

Fair dos. The finish from Bruce was excellent. As you say there was still a lot to do and it was executed perfectly. Millen would have dealt with any danger earlier in the move though.

7 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Please give it a rest about playing Adam Masson. He is not good enough end of.

I disagree with that, but I think we're in a position in the league that the risk of playing youngsters who are largely untested like Masson and Hannah is too great. If we were milling around in mid table, I'd expect to see them a bit more than we have, or likely the diddy cups. As Murray has always said, he tries to get as many of his good players on the pitch at once, which is why Brown is at centre half.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

Most of us have been here before over the years, with this drop off in Form, Luck, Managers being set in their ways and players thinking they're better than what they are, 

Everytime we have our expectations raised we get brought down to earth with a bang, were we expecting too much after our incredible start, I think definately, 

I'd like to now see Corr getting a good run in the team, to at least encourage him to stay beyond June if proper CB's are so hard to come by, and if Murray / the board see a chance of squeaking through the play offs this season, a RB a LB and a CB on loan have to be found from somewhere.