What Are You Having for Lunch

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

A favourite late-night supper for me in the old days was 6 slices of toast, with sausage, egg and bacon.  No marge, no sauce etc.  

Elwood Blues found.

On 10/01/2024 at 15:55, BFTD said:

Been thinking for a while that we needed a "how ripe is your banana?" thread. They are, after all, the Satanic fruit of sexually-repressed deviants.

Peeling away from Ireland's largest export for a second, today I had 300g of Asda Honey Style Greek Type Yoghurt Product, and 100g of Peanut & Raisin Mix. Tomorrow I shall likely be having a small container of horrible tomato soup (which is to say, any tomato soup, as it's all vile) because it will be free, possibly followed by one of God's delicious apples to make up for it.

I know I mentioned this on another thread recently, but still worth reiterating that I once dealt with a woman in Sainsbury's SavaCentre who bought nothing but a banana and a packet of condoms.  Fair play to her for not feeling the need to add some more items in there.

Omelette with red onion, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach on buttered tiger bread toast. Mmm.

ETA: Sriracha on the tap, ofc.

Edited by RawB93

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I know I mentioned this on another thread recently, but still worth reiterating that I once dealt with a woman in Sainsbury's SavaCentre who bought nothing but a banana and a packet of condoms.  Fair play to her for not feeling the need to add some more items in there.

"Dealt with"

Hope she was worth catching the Panama disease for!

Grilled cheese sandwich - buttered all sides of two slices of thick white sourdough bread.  Put them in to toast for a minute in a hot griddle, then flipped one, added cheese (sliced mature cheddar) to one and put the other on top, toasted side on top of the cheese.  Cooked that for two minutes then flipped it and cooked for two minutes more.  Delicious.

Accompaniments

Peanut Butter protein bar - bought in a three pack from Alid, 21g of protein in a 60g bar.

Apple

Can of Pepsi Max.

4 Chinese chicken thighs with Nando's sauce. 

Getpro Yoghurt (Flavour: blueberry)

Mini Cheddars (Flavour: double Gloucester and chive)

Grenade protein bar (Flavour: White chocolate salted peanut)

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Grilled cheese sandwich - buttered all sides of two slices of thick white sourdough bread.  Put them in to toast for a minute in a hot griddle, then flipped one, added cheese (sliced mature cheddar) to one and put the other on top, toasted side on top of the cheese.  Cooked that for two minutes then flipped it and cooked for two minutes more.  Delicious.

Accompaniments

Peanut Butter protein bar - bought in a three pack from Alid, 21g of protein in a 60g bar.

Apple

Can of Pepsi Max.

So a cheese toastie? 

50 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'd a salad based on a bag of watercress yesterday. Tomato, pepper, olive, capers, bit of fat free cottage cheese. It made my piss smell of watercress. 

Are you sure you don't just have a piece of watercress stuck up your nose? 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm going to make asparagus and watercress soup as an experiment 

My memory of watercress is that it was always something we grew as part of some or other science experiment.  It smelt kind of strange so I can understand how your piss would've been tainted.  

On 13/01/2024 at 10:51, hk blues said:

My memory of watercress is that it was always something we grew as part of some or other science experiment.  It smelt kind of strange so I can understand how your piss would've been tainted.  

In an empty egg shell with a face painted on it so the cress looked like the boy's hair.