Edinburgh Boys v Falkirk Bairns

Just now, tamthebam said:

Thanks for coming out guys 

Personally I didn't think that was a penalty and I had a good view but when you're at the bottom and Falkirk are at the top them's the breaks.

There is no way that was a penalty - but something had to give, twice off the bar etc. Flip me.

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Personally I didn't think that was a penalty and I had a good view but when you're at the bottom and Falkirk are at the top them's the breaks.

Never a penalty mate you were robbed. 

Said this last week but the Edinburgh City team who played at Alloa was clearly miles better than the under 20s side they had out in recent weeks and will likely get better still as they settle. They've added another option or two this week too. Can see them being awkward opponents in the months ahead and quite a bold call by McGlynn to make so many changes. Well done City, still in with a chance of staying up. 

That was self destruct from McGlynn, ridiculous to rest players today. We just came through a really hard 4-days with 6-points and then he makes changes like that. We’re playing in the cup next week against a non-league team, rest the players then. 

2 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

That was self destruct from McGlynn, ridiculous to rest players today. We just came through a really hard 4-days with 6-points and then he makes changes like that. We’re playing in the cup next week against a non-league team, rest the players then. 

You're playing against a League 2 team who are almost certainly better than Edinburgh City.

23 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It was never a free kick, that led to the corner (which was never a corner) which you scored from. I don’t think it was a penalty either. But the officiating was terrible today. 

15 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Bonnyrigg are not non league. 

43 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Never a penalty mate you were robbed. 

It was right in front of me - defender should have stayed on his feet, but yeah that was extremely soft. 

Overall, a thoroughly solid display from City today. I have no idea who the new lads are or how they are being paid, but they were magnificent. 

9 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

It was right in front of me - defender should have stayed on his feet, but yeah that was extremely soft. 

Overall, a thoroughly solid display from City today. I have no idea who the new lads are or how they are being paid, but they were magnificent. 

I absolutely cannot fault Edinburgh today.  Played very solidly, we huffed and puffed to absolutely no effect

Odd couple of weeks.  Gutted we didn’t take a point off Alloa last week, then gutted we only took a point off Falkirk the week after.

Absolutely outstanding from the team today, couldn’t fault a single one of them.  Left the ground gutted but very proud.

Hopefully a sign of things to come.

I genuinely didn't think McGlynn would have done that today, given Edinburghs clear improvement last week against alloa and the importance of keeping the pressure firmly on Hamilton.

That's the experiment over, no more non injury deviations from the starting 11 who are winning well every week.

15 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Thought it was a clear penalty tbf. Unlike the free kick and corner Edinburgh got their two goals from, which were both absolutely  terrible decisions 

Nice to read some balanced comments from Falkirk fans on here. Until this one....

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

How did Flatman do? Really hopeful he can kick on in this loan spell after the bad luck of injuries he's had.

He was pretty decent, seems a levelheaded kid, perhaps helped he was with Devine as they had played a lot together at Hearts