Cosmetic Surgery

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I think in some places/circles it’s just ‘the thing to do’. White 50-somethings in Miami all look like a hamster who shoved nuts in his pouches, walked into a gale force headwind and stayed that way. 

I've friends in Florida and I would agree, some of the photos have more plastic that human in them.

Huge fake lips and tits both look absolutely dreadful. Why do women do this to themselves?

Lips especially I don't get. Has anyone in the history of humankind ever looked at someone and had the thinness of their lips being the tipping point in whether they found them attractive or not?

The Erin Moriarty example is a sad one as she's had a long time battle with an eating disorder. It is, as @Richey Edwards says, a symptom of deeper psychological malaise.

In Fiji (I think) the beauty standard for women was wide hips, big bahookies etc until western magazines began circulation. Cue an increase in requests for plastic surgery, body insecurity etc.

The media, and especially women's magazines, are fucking terrible. The message of "you're not worthy of love and affection because of the way you look/parent/breathe" is barely concealed and deliberately triggers the most basic and primal abandonment fears.

I also noticed (some latitude please, your honour) a while ago that schoolgirls look more "presentable" than they did when I was at school. Their makeup is often superb and they often wear their uniforms to look like something out of a Britney Spears pop video. Instagram and other social media demand that wee lassies look photogenic and gorgeous all the time lest someone take a pic of you unprepared.

Now those same lassies (this was about 7 years ago I noticed that trend) are cutting about with their lips done. A trend which seems to be more prevalent among the 20 somethings.

It's pretty dystopian actually.

Most of you referencing people who’ve had very bad or obvious facial surgery. What about those whose surgery is so well done that it doesn’t look bad or obvious? it’s very narrow minded to focus on the geordie shore types.

19 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Most of you referencing people who’ve had very bad or obvious facial surgery. What about those whose surgery is so well done that it doesn’t look bad or obvious? it’s very narrow minded to focus on the geordie shore types.

What about them? 

I did specify that I'm only really meaning about when it's noticeable and obvious. Feel free to post any examples of good efforts. 

Be the change you want to see. 

32 minutes ago, velo army said:

I also noticed (some latitude please, your honour) a while ago that schoolgirls look more "presentable" than they did when I was at school

^^^wrong 'un.

I notice the opposite at the secondary schools near me. There's no-one over about 4 feet tall, no-one that would get served in a pub and certainly no-one that the "thought they were 16" excuse could ever be used. I can't imagine any of them in a work place

My memory of latter years at school are of adults or getting there.

I don't know who is kidding folk on that it looks good but unless you have a top of the range surgeon who can pull everything in without making it noticeable, then in the overwhelming majority of cases it looks like folk have had something tacked on with superglue.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I've friends in Florida and I would agree, some of the photos have more plastic that human in them.

It’s totally normalized there. Miami TV you’ll get adverts for plastic surgeons on a Saturday morning between the cartoons. $4k for new tits and $3.5k for a new arse was the going rate IIRC. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm versatile.

I did toy with the idea of phoning and asking if they’d do a boob on one side and an arse cheek on the other for $4k but that would’ve been defeated by nobody in Miami understanding Scottish accents. The wife can speak Spanish but she just told me to f**k off. 

Me and the now ex Mrs. e were in Rome on holiday in 2006. We were just coming out of the main railway station when a limo pulled up. The driver jumped out and opened the door and this lady got out, I had no idea who it was but my ex did. The lady was Donatella Versace and she was genuinely scary to see.

This is a good pic of her, she looked way worse in real life. The surgeons must surely be breaking some moral/ethical code.

4-KAPAK-donetalla-versace-1.thumb.jpg.e383fdfb75113759ff42b725c8a0cd24.jpg

Keep away from fire.

16 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It’s totally normalized there. Miami TV you’ll get adverts for plastic surgeons on a Saturday morning between the cartoons. $4k for new tits and $3.5k for a new arse was the going rate IIRC. 

That's honestly disgraceful. Adverts on the weans' TV channels for toys are bad enough ("you don't want to be the only one without this toy" type of perfidy) and should be better regulated than they are, but the type of as you're talking of should be treated like it was for fags, booze or babestation.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

That's honestly disgraceful. Adverts on the weans' TV channels for toys are bad enough ("you don't want to be the only one without this toy" type of perfidy) and should be better regulated than they are, but the type of as you're talking of should be treated like it was for fags, booze or babestation.

Whoa, let's not be too hasty now. 

From a male perspective my sister’s husband had a hair transplant and it looks 100x better than it did before. He’s really happy with it and I imagine it’s restored some confidence & resulted in improved self esteem. 

If you look at examples such as David Silva & Rob Holding you can see the kind of effect that procedure can have. If it’s a good surgeon doing the work, they can make it look natural - the same applies to any work done on teeth. Definitely the kind of thing I’d get done when the time comes. 

Meanwhile, in the 'WTF were they actually thinking?' I give your Newcastle owner(?) Amanda Stavely. A terrifically attractive woman who seemed to go down a rabbit hole of I've got all the money I need to make it work, what could possibly go wrong?

2018:

2018.png

2023:

2023.png

Edited by alta-pete