Cosmetic Surgery

What is everyone's thoughts on cosmetic surgery? 

Have any posters had work done themselves? 

Very generally speaking if I notice someone that's obviously had work done I'm usually less attracted to them. This post of course doesn't include people that have had surgery due to deformities or that kinda thing.

It would be nice if everyone just appreciated their bodies as they were and it kinda baffles me that some people choose to purposefully make themselves look like an alien. 

Joan Rivers is an obvious example of what can go wrong as is that Oli London character. 

I watched Geordie Shore when I was a teenager and I've only recently seen what they all look like now and it's frightening. Here is an example of one of the people who have altered their appearance. 

Holly.jpg

SEI_76551036.jpg

Edited by RuMoore

Alongside the Geordie Shore lot I unashamedly recently watched an episode of the new Love Island and this is one of the contestants, I don't know what they previously looked like but they legitimately look they've been violated by a swarm of bees. 

I wonder how much it actually costs to look like you've caught a permanent case of the mumps. 

627532.webp

10 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Erin Moriarty apparently 

Ahh! Yes! Just havent seen the boys in ages but wow thats some change. I feel like for some people surgery becomes an obsession, but i suppose its up to them what they do with their body. I dont think it tends to make people look better but i suppose if they are happy then thats the main thing. 

I understand it if it helps with some sort of body/gender dysmorphia or disfigurement or whatever, but not for the over the top, exagerrated stuff. You look at half the creatures on Love Island and what have you and they look like they've done a week's all inclusive inside Grangemouth refinery.

Used to work with a lassie who was slim, but like an ironing board with 2 smarties on it.

She convinced the NHS that this made her feel so down and insecure that she got a breast enhancement on the NHS.

Afterwards, she was now an insecure lassie with slightly larger diddies. In her case, she'd've probably benefitted more from some sort of counselling rather than surgery.

Fcuk knows what Carol Vorderman (for example) has had done, but that sort of thing baffles me. Grow old, gracefully, like a Helen Mirren, Angela Rippon, or suchlike. Cosmetic surgery for genuine medical reasons is one thing. Looking like a trout that has had fcuk knows what injected into its lips / arse / boobs is another thing entirely.

A truism that was told to me not so long ago - when wondering whether to date the young lady with the bounteous chest or the long slender legs, always pick the one with the good legs. If she then turns out to be a keeper you can always buy her the tits further down the line. 

My opinion is that some deep seated unhappiness and/or unaddressed psychological problems drive the need that people feel to modify their appearance in such a way. I don't mean to sound as if I'm tarring people with a brush, but it's hardly the behaviour of a psychologically sound person.

Society pays lip service to ideas such as accepting people for who they are and embracing the differences and individuality. In reality, this social media driven modern society has hoodwinked people into thinking that if they had this work done or that work done, it will make them happier and improve their lives. It really will not.

None of us are perfect. But we are who we are. Embrace yourself.

Having manboobs has not hindered my life in anyway. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

My opinion is that some deep seated unhappiness and/or unaddressed psychological problems drive the need that people feel to modify their appearance in such a way. I don't mean to sound as if I'm tarring people with a brush, but it's hardly the behaviour of a psychologically sound person.

Society pays lip service to ideas such as accepting people for who they are and embracing the differences and individuality. In reality, this social media driven modern society has hoodwinked people into thinking that if they had this work done or that work done, it will make them happier and improve their lives. It really will not.

I think in some places/circles it’s just ‘the thing to do’. White 50-somethings in Miami all look like a hamster who shoved nuts in his pouches, walked into a gale force headwind and stayed that way. 

9 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Used to work with a lassie who was slim, but like an ironing board with 2 smarties on it.

She convinced the NHS that this made her feel so down and insecure...

I've no idea why she'd feel like that.

10 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

and thats the bit that really annoys me - why, are we the public, paying for these incredibly vain women to get their trout pout moos's?