Cosmetic Surgery

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

f**k letting anyone mess with my eyes.  You only get issued one set and if they f**k that up you’re gubbed.

Always been quite happy to wear glasses.  Wouldn’t even contemplate contacts.

Amen brother. I've been a speccy for 36 years (astigmatism) and tried gas permeable and soft contacts. Get them tae fvck. Never even investigated the possibility of laser for my condition.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Cosmetic surgery is dangerous and people put their lives at risk to conform to social pressures to look a certain way. There is no such pressure around tattoos.

Disagree. Lionel Messi, for example, seems like exactly the sort of person who only got tattoos because all his pals were getting them and he wanted to fit in.

6 hours ago, velo army said:

Glasses are expensive and make playing sport and other activities a pain in the arse. Laser eye surgery makes sense and isn't that cosmetic. Also, you're just trading one adaptation for another. 

I had Laser done back in 1995.  Not for cosmetic reasons as far as I can think; I wore specs but they were a PITA when on holiday with getting in the water and being all hot and sweaty so tried contacts but could never really get the hang of them so decided to get my eyes done.  Was happy with the result and made a very quick recovery - within a day or so everything was as it should be.  It doesn't last forever though, at least mine didn't but I still don't wear specs. 

7 hours ago, Left Back said:

f**k letting anyone mess with my eyes.  You only get issued one set and if they f**k that up you’re gubbed.

I wear both, have had for about 35/40 years.

I use daily contact lenses and frankly wouldnt know that they are in.

However you do need to be careful, I have a stye in my left at the moment, and am using glasses for next few days - the thought of that goo settling under my contact lens isnt attractive........

7 hours ago, Left Back said:

Like this? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/horror-tattoo-bungle-leaves-woman-28854862.amp

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Is he square?

Hide contents

It's a real sign of decrepitude when you have to include videos to explain references to massively-popular hit singles from your youth, isn't it?  :P

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's a real sign of decrepitude when you have to include videos to explain references to massively-popular hit singles from your youth, isn't it?  :P

Greenied for use of 'decrepitude'. Such a descriptive word. 👏