Murray’s Maestros versus Ferguson’s Fanatics, 27 January (AI “improved” title for neutrals)

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not convinced he needed help with any of those goals today, we gifted each one through ridiculous defending. 

A gift from God, some would say.

5 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not convinced he needed help with any of those goals today, we gifted each one through ridiculous defending. 

50% of all goals in the championship and below are due to defensive errors.

7 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Any caley fans who saw the game today, what did you think was our best back 3? Since they all got a game today. Bar Ujdar.

I only watched it on a stream but I thought Chilokola-Mullen looked good. Devine should have done better for the first Raith goal and I wasn’t convinced by Savage but a few boys who were down at the game thought he looked decent. Obviously far too early to make a proper judgement on both of them though.

Carragher seems a solid enough defender but from what I’ve seen of him he doesn’t look the most comfortable on the ball. Duffy is just Duffy and should never be considered as a starter. Boyes is good.

Chilokola-Mullen Savage/Carragher and Boyes is what I’d probably go for if Udjur isn’t going to get a look in.

Dunc said in his post match interview that that was Savage and Chilokola-Mullens first ever professional games, I thought Scotland Under 21s might count to that but whatever, so it’s clearly a learning experience for them and they should get better with games but at the same time we can’t afford for them to need 5 or 6 games making mistakes learning the game.

15 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Any caley fans who saw the game today, what did you think was our best back 3? Since they all got a game today. Bar Ujdar.

It’s early days yet but JCM looked good and Savage looked a bit more nervy. 

I reckon a combination of JCM Devine/Carragher Boyes is probably our best. Still early days though and the young lads can improve/fall off. 

I did overhear someone at the game saying “Dunc hates Ujdur and doesn’t like Duffy”. Take that with a pinch of salt but might be some truth considering we’ve signed 3 cb’s and a right back this window. 

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Dunc said in his post match interview that that was Savage and Chilokola-Mullens first ever professional games, I thought Scotland Under 21s might count to that but whatever, so it’s clearly a learning experience for them and they should get better with games but at the same time we can’t afford for them to need 5 or 6 games making mistakes learning the game.

Find it mad that Savage is 22 and only just making his pro debut when we’ve got guys like Cammy Harper the same age and he’s played over 100 games for us 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

It’s early days yet but JCM looked good and Savage looked a bit more nervy. 

I reckon a combination of JCM Devine/Carragher Boyes is probably our best. Still early days though and the young lads can improve/fall off. 

I did overhear someone at the game saying “Dunc hates Ujdur and doesn’t like Duffy”. Take that with a pinch of salt but might be some truth considering we’ve signed 3 cb’s and a right back this window. 

Find it mad that Savage is 22 and only just making his pro debut when we’ve got guys like Cammy Harper the same age and he’s played over 100 games for us 

I could quite believe the Ujdur one. We changed all three centre backs today, including taking Duffy on, and he was still sat on the bench. Think that says quite a lot.

Madness isn’t it but I bet he was still picking up a couple of grand a week to play pish under 23 football instead.

35 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I could quite believe the Ujdur one. We changed all three centre backs today, including taking Duffy on, and he was still sat on the bench. Think that says quite a lot.

Madness isn’t it but I bet he was still picking up a couple of grand a week to play pish under 23 football instead.

Aye seems strange as I thought Ujdur looked good in the early games of Dunc coming in. 

These PL under 23 squads will be full of guys like that, picking 2/3 grand a week to play glorified youth football at 21/22. Wouldn’t have complained if I was offered it though :lol:

I dunno, Samuel is playing against worse defenders in the Championship.  This is probably his level, which is good for The Caley.