Murray’s Maestros versus Ferguson’s Fanatics, 27 January (AI “improved” title for neutrals)

We are too crowded in midfield to the point the ball can't move around. 

At the back we're a fucking car crash. 3 at the back isn't working amd we'll do we'll to go in only 1 goal down. 

Nothing beats not signing a defender or two but sign midfielders and strikers then stick them on the bench.

We're being totally torn apart. A hat trick in no time for Samuel 

Just now, embow said:

Nothing beats not signing a defender or two but sign midfielders and strikers then stick them on the bench.

We're being totally torn apart. A hat trick in no time for Samuel 

Shhhhh, I’m sure those signings are imminent. We have absolutely folded. We’ve signed Rudden only to be sat on the bench. Cammy Kerr just signed for ICT starts hmmmm

Absolute bloody shambles. 

Anybody else going to defend not signing a centre half now? Hitting you in the face for months and we sign a forward. Absolute disgrace. 

I'm saying it Murray is mince at the back, not commanding anything and Millen and Dick are like lost sheep. You're telling me that's better than Corr or even Masson? 

Here goes Murrayball... Again.. Brutal

This is on Murray.

No one has a clue as to what they're supposed to be doing.

If you're leaking goals constantly, get back to basics - a solid back four with two proper centre backs, two central mids with two wide players and Hamilton and Vaughan up front.

Probably too late to change it today, but the defensive record is risible, especially with centre halves on the bench.

Tannadice gave us false hope. Our defence has never been good enough. Millen and Dick are both fucking rotten and need replaced. We rode our luck with late winners but it was masking just how shit our defence was. Ah well, bring on the play offs 

Just now, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Absolute bloody shambles. 

Anybody else going to defend not signing a centre half now? Hitting you in the face for months and we sign a forward. Absolute disgrace. 

I'm saying it Murray is mince at the back, not commanding anything and Millen and Dick are like lost sheep. You're telling me that's better than Corr or even Masson? 

Here goes Murrayball... Again.. Brutal

You’ll be amazed how many will defend not signing a defender. Rudden to sit on the bench was more important

Don’t think I fancy another 3 more years of this formation to be honest.

Decent chunk of supporters walking out at half time.

Some collapse of a season this is. Airdrie slapping us for the 3rd time on Friday will be the cherry on top

The question is why have we persisted with Byrne as a DM, either solo or paired with Brown or such, when ever since Stanton went out it hasn’t worked? Surely trying a more conventional 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 would make more sense, but IM seems too invested in two wingers/wingbacks on each side driving to the end line.

It’s obvious we need to find a new magic charm until Sam is back, and firming up that central defence is a good start. The second goal was a break, so not easily attributable to 3 at the back, but if Corr had been there, I think his speed would have changed the play. The third goal needs a lot more looking to properly attribute…I’m slightly concerned at Big Kev’s positioning, but he was also trying to see through a thicket of limbs. 

Nothing will change until Sam Stanton gets back in to try to stabilise things and Ian Murray takes his head out of his excrement chute and changes tactics to have a solid back four etc.