Murray’s Maestros versus Ferguson’s Fanatics, 27 January (AI “improved” title for neutrals)

Don’t look now, but it’s two teams that have both had two loses, two draws and a win in the last five league matches. Of course, ICT come in off a comfortable Scottish Cup win while Raith are off a loss to Livi. The hex has been broken this season, can it remain so? Rovers defending has been generous this season, and the last minute heroics seem to have dried up. Ferguson’s bounce seems to have settled down, and the window thus far seems too placid for the fans. 

So, what will it be this time? With no Stanton magic, a late winner seems less likely this time for the Rovers, but could the Hammer strike again? With Samuel helping out in place of Wotherspoon, would another McKay goal surprise anyone?

I’m hoping for a 2-1,  but the head is saying 1-1 because of the Rovers goal scoring woes.

Edited by TxRover

Tough to pick a team for this one.

Would stick with Hamilton and Vaughan up front as we need to let them keep playing together to build a real partnership.

I was fully behind the decision to drop Easton on Saturday but I suspect he'll come back in this week.  Would expect Smith to drop back to the bench (although I thought he did ok at Livvy).

As usual, the defence is the hardest to predict.  Dick and Millen will no doubt both start but who will we play in the middle?  Would really like to see a new CH come in this week if Watson still isn't match fit (I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we never see him in a Rovers shirt again - hope I'm wrong though),

I'm going to remain optimistic and predict that we'll get back on track with a win this week.  We might even finally win by more than a goal......

• TxRover changed the title to Murray’s Maestros versus Ferguson’s Fanatics, 27 January (AI “improved” title for neutrals)
13 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I'm hoping for a win, obviously.

I'm really hoping that Jock McStay does the 50/50 draw at half time.

It's Shaun Dennis (got a preview of the match programme on the Club 1883 email last night).....he might just stick the nut on Ferguson for his old pal though.....

Looking less likely that there will be any new faces in for this now unless something happens today.  Wil be interesting to hear IM's pre-match interview with Raith TV to see if Murray or Watson will be back.  If not, then I'd really like to see Corr come in as wee need a proper CB in there.

18 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Is Colin Steven available for this one? If not I’m no going 

Steven and Todorov both made my "Top 10 Scottish football bellends" list (thread in the premiership forum if you haven't seen it) largely because of that 1 incident (and in fairness that p***k Todorov keeps scoring against us).  I'm not bitter though..........

50 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Steven and Todorov both made my "Top 10 Scottish football bellends" list (thread in the premiership forum if you haven't seen it) largely because of that 1 incident (and in fairness that p***k Todorov keeps scoring against us).  I'm not bitter though..........

I did spot Todorov in a list :lol: makes sense now 

Ridgers

Carragher Boyes Udjur Devine Duffy Chilokoa-Mullen

Kerr                                                         Harper

Samuel  McKay

11 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Screenshot_20240126-110931.thumb.png.a9a51f23cd83546eb7ec6fda2b17ab94.png

Pro: Not Colin Steven

Con: Recently sent off Ross Millen for verbals. 

A distant relation of Para Handy(Peter McFarlane)perhaps? All at sea most of the time.🥺

All the chat seems to be that Euan Murray, at the very least, is back for this - although possibly too soon for Keith Watson.

I have literally no idea what formation Murray might start with today, let alone who'll be starting but I do expect a continuation of the recent trend of performances improving.

As long as Rovers aren't as profligate as they've been of late, it should be fine.