Murray’s Maestros versus Ferguson’s Fanatics, 27 January (AI “improved” title for neutrals)

This formation is getting nothing out of our player at all. I'd be bringing Connolly and Smith off for Corr or Watson and Turner. Go to 4 at the back and be a bit more robust. We've gifted them 3 goals far too easily.

Gave them 3 goals for free. 2 and 3 in particular, awful, but all 3 down to us.

Wee prod down middle for 1 where 2 men are caught out; enough time to bring the ball down, fix his hair and pop a trundler in for 2, with Dabrowski going down like a venetian blind, and no-one near him for 3, with Dabrowski once again going down in instalments. 

3 at back is a nightmare. Too many midfielders and a new striker sitting on bench. Their new striker has scored 3.

Oh Rovers....

Ian Murray, for f**k sake. My Kingdom for a back four. 

A back three with one centre half in it, and no wing backs either side of them. Reckless bordering on suicidal. 

We've got good players in the other half of the pitch, but it feels like we've conceded from 75% of the chances we've given up in the last five or six weeks. That needs to be addressed first and foremost. 

Bringing in new players is difficult, but that doesn't mean you have to go fucking mental. Playing four or five guys out of position, by choice, is ludicrous. 

And Samuel said to all the house of the SPFL Championship, “If you are returning to The Caley with all your heart, then put away the foreign gods and County from among you and direct your heart to The Caley and serve them only, and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Championship.”

- 1 Samuel 7:3

Just now, ICTChris said:

You can’t sign any centre halves as we have signed them all.

I'd settle for playing any of the 3 we do have that are currently sat on the bench

They have just totally crumbled since winning at Tannadice, they have let the plaudits got to their heads and now in a rut and Murray has no idea how to sort it.

One man doesn't sort it but we really miss Stanton.

Totally had enough of this 4-1-3-2 ect formations, get back to old fashioned 442 or 433, we are a soft touch and cannot defend as a team.

Really sick of this 💩

Looks like Easton is coming on.  I’ve zero issue with us signing Rudden while we wait for a CB.  But at least play your actual defenders in their proper positions to give us a chance till this CB signs.

Thinking about it, Brown and Byrne may well be colouring IM’s choices. Let’s consider a 4-4-2…

You have Millen/Watson/Murray/Dick at the back, should be with Corr the first choice over Brown. Get to the midfield and we have issues with forcing Brown in there…and who’s the recognized second crosser at LM, the equivalent of Mullin on the right? There really isn’t one. Regardless, that would be something like Mullin/Turner/Byrne/Vaughan, with Rudden and Hamilton up top. Suddenly there’s clamouring for Smith/Easton/Connolly/Brown etc…and when Stanton comes back, what happens to Turner or Byrne.

IM’s built a team that doesn’t really allow for three, let alone four, solid defenders because of his utility players…we have to reconsider this.

2 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Looks like Easton is coming on.  I’ve zero issue with us signing Rudden while we wait for a CB.  But at least play your actual defenders in their proper positions to give us a chance till this CB signs.

This. The problem isn’t signing midfielders or attackers. It’s not playing people who can defend. The fact that Corr doesn’t get a start before this defence is ludicrous. 

Edited by FitbaSupporter

I will stand corrected though with this shit show of defenders we have we can't play 3.

I thought Watson Murray and Corr but Murray is brutal. 

All good though we've got 5 attacking players to come on now 😂😂 May as well put brown in the back line and play himself. Shocking that our best option is a midfielder 🫣

Edited by A_Rover_In_The_Burgh

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Gave them 3 goals for free. 2 and 3 in particular, awful, but all 3 down to us.

Wee prod down middle for 1 where 2 men are caught out; enough time to bring the ball down, fix his hair and pop a trundler in for 2, with Dabrowski going down like a venetian blind, and no-one near him for 3, with Dabrowski once again going down in instalments. 

3 at back is a nightmare. Too many midfielders and a new striker sitting on bench. Their new striker has scored 3.

Oh Rovers....

Think you are being a bit harsh with his second goal. Was a very good finish. Should never have had the time to take it down and shoot on the edge of the box like that though.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Thinking about it, Brown and Byrne may well be colouring IM’s choices. Let’s consider a 4-4-2…

You have Millen/Watson/Murray/Dick at the back, should be with Corr the first choice over Brown. Get to the midfield and we have issues with forcing Brown in there…and who’s the recognized second crosser at LM, the equivalent of Mullin on the right? There really isn’t one. Regardless, that would be something like Mullin/Turner/Byrne/Vaughan, with Rudden and Hamilton up top. Suddenly there’s clamouring for Smith/Easton/Connolly/Brown etc…and when Stanton comes back, what happens to Turner or Byrne.

IM’s built a team that doesn’t really allow for three, let alone four, solid defenders because of his utility players…we have to reconsider this.

It wont get sorted now till seasons end, and even then, I have doubts about his ability to sign defenders

27 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Deary me we are bad. For pity’s sake sign a fucking centre half.

You can't, big Dunc has signed them all and there's none left. 

Tactical genius. 

Note to self - read all the posts before replying

Edited by sophia
Repetition