Elgin City vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/01/24 at 14:59

As mentioned by Jan and Cesc on the excellent L2 podcast episode, if Elgin were to win their game in hand, they’d have the 2nd best home record in the league.

Sons, by contrast, are the worst form team in the league and have lost their last two trips to Borough Briggs.

Matty Shiels departing for Cove is a blow for Sons. Gallagher Lennon should make his debut as replacement at left back, unless Stevie decides Ryan Blair has made the position his own…

R.Wallace must start and I think the team more or less picks itself. I’d be surprised if Sons fans weren’t in unanimous agreement over 10 positions. The only weakness I think we have is the second central midfield position. Malcolm gives us a physical presence, and I’d go with him ahead of Ryan Blair or David Wilson, but I thought he was really poor at Bonnyrigg.

I don’t think the playoffs are a done deal yet, by any means. We’re more than capable of throwing away an 8/9 point gap, especially with such a long way to go. We need to find form quickly, but I think this is a very awkward game, where a win against 9th place will be expected and demanded. As mentioned, though, the insane contrast between Elgin’s home and away form, means just looking at them as the second worst side in the league, really hides how dangerous this fixture is.

On 24/01/2024 at 09:22, Super Elgin City said:

Very hard to predict this one. Certainly a game Elgin could really be doing with 3 points.

Aye