Wasps Vs Bairns

4 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

If hetherington is a big miss you boys are in trouble...in a long line of worst central midfielders to play for the navy blue he's behind mark traynor & just in front of Brian scrimegour

We have established previously (and regularly) that Falkirk fans don't like Steven Hetherington. That's fine. Alloa fans on the other hand have seen him excell consistently in the Championship and know what he brings. Today he was replaced by a guy who has played very little football and we ended up very lightweight against an excellent Falkirk midfield. He will be a big miss for us as long as he's out. 

3 minutes ago, Waspie said:

We have established previously (and regularly) that Falkirk fans don't like Steven Hetherington. That's fine. Alloa fans on the other hand have seen him excell consistently in the Championship and know what he brings. Today he was replaced by a guy who has played very little football and we ended up very lightweight against an excellent Falkirk midfield. He will be a big miss for us as long as he's out. 

Excelling at alloa though seems to have a whole different meaning from excelling at other clubs.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Excelling at alloa though seems to have a whole different meaning from excelling at other clubs.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. He was excellent for us in the Championship (and League 1) and frequently praised by opposition fans. It didn't work out at Falkirk (he's far from alone in that regard) and the reasons for that have already been debated to death. Perhaps you'd be better served enjoying an excellent win and performance rather than going over this tiresome pish once more? 

8 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Things we would not say last season - Hendo is a brilliant midfielder

The new signings have made such a difference but the players who stayed have made such an improvement as well.

44 minutes ago, printer said:

For the sake of proper record and as I can't see any other mention of it, that deliberate kick from Donaldson on Wales to stop him bearing down on goal was a real shocker.

Hopefully he was embarrassed about it and apologised afterwards. Could have resulted in a bad injury, so hope Bobby is OK.

Will take a look at it...Was that the booking? Don't think I clipped it originally.

21 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. He was excellent for us in the Championship (and League 1) and frequently praised by opposition fans. It didn't work out at Falkirk (he's far from alone in that regard) and the reasons for that have already been debated to death. Perhaps you'd be better served enjoying an excellent win and performance rather than going over this tiresome pish once more? 

Not sure Shodwall cat does either tbh.

2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I thought it was a massive gamble playing Long after past few games,nightmare wind conditions for a goalie and the revelation that Bonnyrigg saw him as a weak link in the team (reasonable to think others see the same), potential lack of confidence and potential for fans to get on his back. Thankfully gamble paid off and he had a decent 1st half and a rest in the 2nd

I just watch McGovern in the Highlights for Livingston v Dundee. He looked shot on what was on view 

2 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

If hetherington is a big miss you boys are in trouble...in a long line of worst central midfielders to play for the navy blue he's behind mark traynor & just in front of Brian scrimegour

Personally, I’d have put him in the same class as your nom de plume (Who) & McHide.

3 hours ago, printer said:

For the sake of proper record and as I can't see any other mention of it, that deliberate kick from Donaldson on Wales to stop him bearing down on goal was a real shocker.

Hopefully he was embarrassed about it and apologised afterwards. Could have resulted in a bad injury, so hope Bobby is OK.

I’ve just watched the highlights and my days that is quite the overreaction on your part. That same tackle happens a couple of times in every game ya whining baby 

Edited by ClathyDave

13 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

I’ve just watched the highlights and my days that is quite the overreaction on your part. That same tackle happens a couple of times in every game ya whining baby 

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt it was more Henderson's which were quite out of line. Donaldson got the killer blow to knock him down but if Henderson's landed it would have been nasty.