Wasps Vs Bairns

26 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt it was more Henderson's which were quite out of line. Donaldson got the killer blow to knock him down but if Henderson's landed it would have been nasty.

If my auntie had baws etc. 

7 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

5 subs and the performance didn’t dip at all.

Sensational stuff in that second half, ref was brutal at times but the unbeaten league run continues. 

I'm still not a fan of 5 subs at once but today it worked 1000%

All it takes is a bad tackle or a twist on the turf and you are down to 10 men unless it's Yeats who is the bionic man.

4 hours ago, printer said:

For the sake of proper record and as I can't see any other mention of it, that deliberate kick from Donaldson on Wales to stop him bearing down on goal was a real shocker.

Hopefully he was embarrassed about it and apologised afterwards. Could have resulted in a bad injury, so hope Bobby is OK.

Did you see the challenge on Henderson by the Alloa man, I think virtanen who escaped a booking for a challenge he should never have went in for, more so he used elbow to do him, I think he knew what he was doing. On a bad ref day that could've been a red, defo was a yellow for me tho like Donaldson one

The Donaldson one is seen every week in every league in the world. 

6 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt it was more Henderson's which were quite out of line. Donaldson got the killer blow to knock him down but if Henderson's landed it would have been nasty.

I agree with this. When I read what printer said, I was intrigued to see what Donaldson did. As it was, when I seen Hendo kicking out I assumed that was what he meant, then Coll got him thereafter with a bog standard, happens all the time "professional" foul. 

The only one of them who did anything out of the ordinary was Hendo and he didn't connect. 

13 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Enjoyed this. Thought it must be a response to some misplaced alloa socials shithousery so I went for a look on their Facebook and spotted this wild formation 😲

FB_IMG_1706375237843.jpg

Absolute amateur, Mon the volunteers!!! Get it right up you and your camera 😊

Alloa fans - do you guys not do programmes any more, or did I just miss them? I know some clubs are going purely online now, just wanted to check as I collect them and need to see if I can pick one up elsewhere.

Thought Andy Grahams post match was fair and reflective of the match. Rarely seen a team be as competitive as Alloa were first half then pretty much capitulate second half. Not sure how much of this was to do with us getting a quick second goal, or the wind and slope, or both. We definitely stepped up a gear second half but I was really surprised at how poor Alloa were second half. Long didn't have a save to make second half.

9 hours ago, ClathyDave said:

I’ve just watched the highlights and my days that is quite the overreaction on your part. That same tackle happens a couple of times in every game ya whining baby 

I most admit it looked a lot worse live, and I did have a good view of it. Certainly more of a kick. 

Ya twat. 🙂

49 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Alloa fans - do you guys not do programmes any more, or did I just miss them? I know some clubs are going purely online now, just wanted to check as I collect them and need to see if I can pick one up elsewhere.

Thought Andy Grahams post match was fair and reflective of the match. Rarely seen a team be as competitive as Alloa were first half then pretty much capitulate second half. Not sure how much of this was to do with us getting a quick second goal, or the wind and slope, or both. We definitely stepped up a gear second half but I was really surprised at how poor Alloa were second half. Long didn't have a save to make second half.

Pretty sure you can order one from the club's official website. @LeodhasXD is the expert.

57 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Nah you can buy them on the website. I wouldn't mind it being purely online but it's also printed.

We've only got wee guy in the ground selling at the away side so he may have sold out. I'll track down any tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Nah you can buy them on the website. I wouldn't mind it being purely online but it's also printed.

We've only got wee guy in the ground selling at the away side so he may have sold out. I'll track down any tomorrow.

Much appreciated. I was there and in early, so must have missed him.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

I was worried about this game pre match and up until we scored it was pretty even with Alloa looking dangerous on the break. Luckily they had Sammon up front so nothing really stuck, was surprised to see Wales out wide as I was interested in seeing what he was like.

After that and especially for the second half we weren't troubled and were absolutely relentless going forward. Difficult to pick out individuals as it was a complete performance and the subs came on without any change in tempo. Thought Tait looked neat and tidy and can see him being a regular sub to control a game.

I think, despite the scoreline, that Graham had them set up a lot more sensibly than Rice against us and if Alloa nicked the first goal it's a different game.

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sammon just letting Hendo run off him with no effort at all for the 3rd. 

Former players putting in stinking performances for the opposition when we play them will never get old.

In that respect it was a masterclass from Sammon yesterday.

43 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Former players putting in stinking performances for the opposition when we play them will never get old.

In that respect it was a masterclass from Sammon yesterday.

He didn’t win a header against Lang all day.

3 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

He didn’t win a header against Lang all day.

He actually did, once, very early on. I remember being surprised that he managed it because he didn't win many for us. 

29 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Falkirk 11pts clear. 12-1 aggregate v Alloa this season. Not to worry Alloa TV is loaded in 4k. 

Maybe, but the camera work made me feel queasy with all the jerking around. I guess they use that technology that chases the ball rather than a human. 

I wasnt there yesterday and watched both clubs highlights packages last night. I'm not getting involved in the whose is better than whose debate (its not much of a debate, really). 

What Alloa's showed better I thought - and I've only watched it once - was there a foul throw by McCann at the start of the move for the second goal? Looked as if a foot came up as he threw the ball which from my own refereeing days was a foul throw. We might have got away with one there.  

I also thought from both highlights package that it did look a dive by Miller but at the same time he may have stood on the ball. 

Very clear on both highlights that the ref wasn't giving a free kick until the assistant flagged before Hendo's goal 

5 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I wasnt there yesterday and watched both clubs highlights packages last night. I'm not getting involved in the whose is better than whose debate (its not much of a debate, really). 

What Alloa's showed better I thought - and I've only watched it once - was there a foul throw by McCann at the start of the move for the second goal? Looked as if a foot came up as he threw the ball which from my own refereeing days was a foul throw. We might have got away with one there.  

I also thought from both highlights package that it did look a dive by Miller but at the same time he may have stood on the ball. 

Very clear on both highlights that the ref wasn't giving a free kick until the assistant flagged before Hendo's goal 

I don't think foul throws are a thing anymore, unless they're very blatant. Probably 50% of throws that we see nowadays are fouls technically.