Would YOU fight in a war?

Poll  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not for me, Clive. Or Nigel, as it may be.

War sounds crap and I doubt hugely I'd believe it in enough to take a gun in my hand. 

My feet are flat as f**k though, so they may decide to just keep my application on file.

Edited by velo army

It would be impossible for Britain to enact conscription on a mass scale. There isn’t the infrastructure to equip, train and supply a large army or an influx of conscripts. The British Army has been reducing in size since the 1980s. 

Drafting a load of P&Bers in a Full Metal Jacket style boot camp sounds excellent though.

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Can just imagine you running across no man’s land but the jerrys have laid out a load of rakes.

The third rake.

One of my granddads got shot by ze Germans in two wars. He kept shooting them so he was fair game right enough.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Drafting a load of P&Bers in a Full Metal Jacket style boot camp sounds excellent though.

OF fans as infantry cannon fodder/suicide waves.

Mods as Military Police.

Previously banned posters and aliases as psy ops.

The forum da's as the Home Guard.

Nah, im your classic traitor.  If you signed me up by force i'd be selling secrets to the highest bidder on the dark web without a single f**k given.  

I don't think many people understand what conscription is. You don't actually get a choice or any say in the matter. 

As Spike Milligan said -

“The die was cast. It was a proud day for the Milligan family as I was taken from the house. "I'm too young to go," I screamed as Military Policemen dragged me from my pram, clutching a dummy. At Victoria Station the R.T.O. gave me a travel warrant, a white feather and a picture of Hitler marked "This is your enemy." I searched every compartment, but he wasn't on the train. At 4.30, June 2nd, 1940, on a summer's day all mare's tails and blue sky we arrived at Bexhill-on-Sea, where I got off. It wasn't easy. The train didn't stop there.”