๐Ÿ”ด๐ŸŸก Partick Thistle v Livingston ๐ŸŸกโšซ

1 hour ago, Arnold Layne said:

Do you have the fear, Livi? Have you got enough to overcome free-scoring Thistle?

Tbf,haven't see one tipster seeing a Livi win,and their the so called experts.So only one outcome,Livi win.๐Ÿคฃ.Nothing to fear surprisingly.๐Ÿ˜‰.

Livi will win a penalty from a Muirhead or Bannigan brainfart. The Livi player will procede to take a divot the size of Ailsa Craig as he sclaffs the ball goalwards at a trundle. An easy catch for Sneddon as he falls on the ball, which suddenly takes on the properties of a newly hooked salmon as it squirms quickly free of the gormless goalie's grasp. The ball rolls forlornly into the net while, just off camera, Sneddon crawls into the crater left by the aforementioned divot and is never seen again.

Nap.

Michael McGovern in goals to give Thistle a 2 goal head start.ย 

Rest of the line up looks fine I think, though I do think it's pointless having both Nouble and Yengi starting, interested to see how it goes.ย 

11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Michael McGovern in goals to give Thistle a 2 goal head start.ย 

Rest of the line up looks fine I think, though I do think it's pointless having both Nouble and Yengi starting, interested to see how it goes.ย 

Aye sticking Nottingham out wide as a RWB keeps him away from central defence, but McGovern hasn't shown any shot stopping prowess. As bad as Shamal was he at least made the odd save.

Still think Anderson would thrive playing off Yengi up front, but Pittman and MacKay will get chances from him too. Quite a decent attacking set up, i've said that before this season right enough and we ended up just shelling long balls up to a target man with absolutely no support from anyone playing off him.ย 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Hoping Carson isn't missing out through injury. Looks like the same set up as the Killie game but with Nouble on the left and Mackay on the right. I'd imagine Pittman will drop into the role Carson played with Kelly taking the more advanced role

13 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Hoping Carson isn't missing out through injury. Looks like the same set up as the Killie game but with Nouble on the left and Mackay on the right. I'd imagine Pittman will drop into the role Carson played with Kelly taking the more advanced role

Think I read Carson is cup tied

ย 

19 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Hoping Carson isn't missing out through injury

ย 

5 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Think I read Carson is cup tied

Aye, already played for Caley in the cup. Much better than him being injured!

13 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Are we going 4-2-3-1 with Brandon at LB or 5-2-1-2 with MacKay at LWB?ย 

I'd imagine the first one...that's how we set up v Killie and put in our best performance of the season

Pitch is horrible. That Donnellan injury is completely down to it. Looked like his hamstring which would be a disaster for us.

Thistle playing nice stuff despite pitch. Good goal. We should be level though, dreadful decision from Walsh.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

State of this pitch btw, cracking advert for plastic

I haven't seen much of Thistle this season but isn't their whole thing that they get it out wide and cut it back for a Graham tap in? No clue why we're set up to give them so much time out wide, infuriating. Even worse that our RB and LB are covering more centrally with Nouble and MacKay going to the winger with the ball, means that if we do get it back we've not really got a counter attack.ย 

ย 

TL;DR: Shite.ย 

Half time has come at a good time for us, thought we'd taken control after the first 5 minutes but from about 40 minutes onwards we were hanging on. For the disallowed goal it definitely was a corner, but I wonder if the ref wasn't sure it was a corner so was looking to give a foul to the defending side as soon as the ball came in. Graham certainly appealed for a foul but he'd appeal for anything. Good save by Sneddon just after that.

Definitely scope for more goals for us given the joy we're having down Livi's left, and we're going to need them as we're going to concede from a set piece at some point - Muirhead being on a yellow before half time is always a concern.

Some hit by McInroy , at first I thought the keeper could have done better but I saw a clip from behind the goal on social media and it's right in the bottom corner.

Edited by Fuctifano