Greenock Morton v Motherwell

Greenock is like a more mountainous Birkenhead, so I was favouring Morton.  Plus, Dougie Imrie is like an amalgam of a few characters I know.  Well done.  I like that managers take the Scottish Cup seriously so feel a bit sorry for Stuart Kettlewell.  Not sure what else he could do.  George Oaklley seems to be loving it up there and deserved his award.

Great result that for Morton, thoroughly deserved, proper old style cup tie under the lights as a team from the league below gives the top flight side a bloody nose.

Only slightly tempered for them by their ned of a manager, Dougie Imrie acting like the snarling faced ned he is.Full time after a real blood and guts cup upset live on the telly, you've knocked out a Premiership side and your manager, yes your manager's first reaction is to run to the away fans and give them the GIRFUY gestures, what a fucking fanny of a guy.

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Superb Morton, well played.

A proper exciting cup tie.

Be good if the tv companies took note that this is what happens when you don’t just show the Old Firm games every single cup match.

TV deal for the Scottish cup is working pretty well.  Old firm on Viaplay and good ties on the BBC

Just now, Flybhoy said:

Great result that for Morton, thoroughly deserved, proper old style cup tie under the lights as a team from the league below gives the top flight side a bloody nose.

Only slightly tempered for them by their ned of a manager, Dougie Imrie acting like the snarling faced ned he is.Full time after a real blood and guts cup upset live on the telly, you've knocked out a Premiership side and your manager, yes your manager's first reaction is to run to the away fans and give them the GIRFUY gestures, what a fucking fanny of a guy.

Although I agree with all of that, there is no love lost beween us 'Well fans and Imrie. I am from the same home town as him, and indeed he is a bit of a cretin.

Fantastic result for us. We grafted hard and made it difficult for our opponents. Fair play to all of the Motherwell supporters on here who've been absolutely sound since page 1. Cheers also for the congrats from supporters of other teams. Roll on the quarters.

Well done Morton. Far better side and deserved the win. Our shitbags players again didn’t look interested. Too many experienced players letting us down, Kelly, SoDs, Butcher, Spittal and Paton all shite tonight. 

Another missed opportunity. However not fucking surprised.

Well deserved for us tonight. Up until the goal I felt we were completely in control. Even then Motherwell never really properly threatened us. 

Fantastic scenes from Imrie at the end as well. 

No matter who we get in the next round we’re probably guaranteed a payday which will help us into next season. 

27 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I appreciate it’s going to be difficult for us to beat Celtic on Sunday but I’d love to see a repeat of the 1987 cup tie at Cappielow between our sides. Obviously with the same result!

Well (sic) done tonight. Enjoy your night m8.

Thank you pal hopefully you do the job get they bas***ds out & we meet in the next round all the best 

21 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I disagree, that is exactly what I like to see!  

28 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Get a grip. If fans want to have a go at your maw and get personal then you have ever right to respond. GIFUY well bois

God of a man

18 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Well done Morton. Far better side and deserved the win. Our shitbags players again didn’t look interested. Too many experienced players letting us down, Kelly, SoDs, Butcher, Spittal and Paton all shite tonight. 

Another missed opportunity. However not fucking surprised.

Was spittal playing ? ( no sarcasm intended ) I honestly can’t remember 1 thing he done

32 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

There's history as he was the Hamilton captain. He's taken a fair bit of stick from them. Why shouldn't imrie give some back?