St Mirren V Dundee

Hopefully a better than normal crowd for a midweek game. 

Same team that started in Edinburgh if possible. 

Also good to see us getting better from dead balls situation. 

A win will also help our chances of not having to visit Dundee again this season. 

Our defensive injuries rule out a clean sheet here but thankfully we look potent in attack. Anything but a defeat leaves us in a good position for top six.

Killie lie seven points clear of us having played two matches more. After playing Perth on Sunday in one of our game in hands The Killie  have Celtic next Saturday as we play County at home. We also face Killie(H) at the beginning of March. We are more than able to catch the Killie.

The Paisley don't know what their points gap over us is either having a two match advantage. If they fail to beat us then come Sunday night we can begin to see a  more realistic view of the league table. The onus is certainly on St Mirren to be taking the points. A point and a win versus St Johnstone this week has us well on our way.

The Queens Park fans couldn't decipher games in hand and it came back to bite them. Hopefully the same this season. In any case 10th is success for The Dee and whatever happens here we'll be safe and sound come May.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Admire what Tony Docherty has done for Dundee they have been a basket case club for too long.  Just hope they working within their means given their owners were knocked backed by Saints on due - diligence . Robinson is the best manager Saints have had in decades I'm going for a home win Saints will need to work hard to get the three points. 

5 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Can I just shock you? I like Paisley.

I had a pal who moved to Dundee from Paisley and he always said he liked it because it reminded him of home. Went to watch East Craigie play Johnstone Burgh last summer and walked back to Paisley (first time not just parking, going to the game then going home) and I totally see what he meant. Is this where the tension lies? We see ourselves in each other?

Some cracking old buildings and streets and let me just tell you - Gilmour Street - what a station.

I can also distinguish a Paisley accent from that other place along the road, although I won't mention it by name because I may wish to use it contrarily as ammunition at a later date.

Thank you.

One of my pals lives near Paisley. I also like it. 

Wait, this is far too pleasant...up yours pandas!

Thank you. 

During the 1980s Paisley was an absolutely buzzing town renowned for its nightlife and people travelled from all over (including Glasgow) for a night out. Brilliant clubs and bars and a tremendous atmosphere. In the 90s and early to mid 00s, it well and truly earned its reputation for being a bit of a dangerous place to spend a night. Since then it’s got its act together and whilst it’ll never regain the heights of the 80s, it’s back to being a good, friendly wee toon with some no frills but fun bars full of happy punters.

What it has NEVER been in my opinion is a shitehole.

Fookin hell, was not expecting this love in. Can’t bring myself to start throwing shit. I was at the 100th birthday of a Paisley man yesterday, one of my BF’s dads. Let’s the love continue. 

Whilst matters are cordial..................

I've only ever been to the area of Dundee where the football grounds are.

I've often wondered what the rest of it was like and if it would be a decent place to spend a weekend with the other half.

Given the improvements over the past couple of decades, there must be lots of decent hotels, bars and restaurants.

Go on Dee fans, wax lyrical about your city.

Both my kids are at Uni in Dundee, but I say "Let's sword these b'stards on Wednesday night" and let the young'uns keep a low profile for a few days!

Edited by btb

24 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I've often wondered what the rest of it was like and if it would be a decent place to spend a weekend with the other half.

Given the improvements over the past couple of decades, there must be lots of decent hotels, bars and restaurants.

I've recently been working in and about Dundee. Nice enough place and the people all seem decent and down to earth. 

Bits of it remind of Liverpool- hilly streets sloping down towards a large river and where the Discovery ship is moored. 

Our supporters bus used to get invited into the Dee Club before early or Sunday games in Dundee back in the day in exchange for Dees getting to use the St. Mirren club when it was open.

Nice wee club with loads of friendly faces and used to stick kitchen staff on too for hot rolls. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Our supporters bus used to get invited into the Dee Club before early or Sunday games in Dundee back in the day in exchange for Dees getting to use the St. Mirren club when it was open.

Nice wee club with loads of friendly faces and used to stick kitchen staff on too for hot rolls. 

The Dee Club in Lochee or the Dundee Club on Hilltown. The latter is a nice place, the other not so much.

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

Dundee is definitely a good weekend out.

V/a museum/discovery ship/McManus art gallery and museum Plenty of free entertainment in the pubs with live bands etc.

Might I also suggest a trip to outside of  boots the chemist in the city Square to see fast Eddie and the junkies.

4 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

The Dee Club in Lochee or the Dundee Club on Hilltown. The latter is a nice place, the other not so much.

Can't remember, probably going back about about 20 years plus arlt this point but it had the feel and look more of a sort of bowling club than anything and wasn't that big.

4 hours ago, kevthedee said:

Might I also suggest a trip to outside of  boots the chemist in the city Square to see fast Eddie and the junkies.

Yea, I saw them in King Tuts, years ago. They've gone too mainstream for me now, tailled off after their second album. 

I'm not ready to see Curtis Main and Big Joe play against us in the same team.  

I would hope that home advantage and some recent momentum should be enough to get all 3 points. Still reeling from the doing we got at Den's earlier in the season. I hope we can put things right on Wednesday. 

3-2 to the Saints. Gogs (the goal machine) hat-trick. Claudia Caniggia and Big Joe with the consolation goals for the Dee.