St Mirren V Dundee

Big game this one. If we win this one then we are well in with a shout of top 4. Ridiculous to think of before the start of the season. 

The three teams for me that have been the most solid and impressive are Dundee, Kilmarnock and St Mirren. Three good managers, one new, showing that this league isn't fucking rocket science. 

Have a lot of time for St Mirren - winning 3-0 at Easter Road just another example of some fine performances by them. A really hard fixture for us and clearly we will need to be at our very best to take points. We're a very good side too though. 

I'm thinking a score draw...2-2.

Interview with Curtis Main in The Courier on why he didn't re-sign with St Mirren:

"I had a conversation. It was something that was there initially.  But I’d left on a good note and I think sometimes when you go back to places sometimes you can maybe taint that. I did really enjoy my time there and part of me did want to go back. But on the flipside I didn’t want to go back and it not go as well as it did previously. I was after a new challenge, a different environment. I wanted to test myself somewhere else and when I spoke to the manager at Dundee, this was the option that really stood out.

That was one of the big reasons for me coming, having that relationship with the manager. He knows what he gets out of me and I know what I’m getting from him. I like to have an open, honest relationship with coaches and managers. Knowing Tony Docherty like I do, it’s no surprise things have started off really well here. 

But coming through the door, there is a real good setup here and you can see the talent in the team. I think the make-up is here for Dundee to have a really strong season. And not just this season but beyond. We are strengthening all the time so hopefully we can finish this season strong and then build on that. Really take it up a gear next season as well.

I really enjoyed my time there, I have nothing but good memories from St Mirren. Some players have changed but a lot of people connected to the club are the same so I have a lot of friends there.

I have no issues going back and hopefully they have no issues the other way!

We’ll see on tonight but the plan is to go there and take three points for Dundee.”

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Interview with Curtis Main in The Courier on why he didn't re-sign with St Mirren:

He's not likely to turnaround and say 'the reason was Dundee were offering me more dosh'.

For what it's worth, I think he makes a good point and I've no doubt that was a big factor, but I'm pretty sure the deciding factor would be money. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

He's not likely to turnaround and say 'the reason was Dundee were offering me more dosh'.

For what it's worth, I think he makes a good point and I've no doubt that was a big factor, but I'm pretty sure the deciding factor would be money. 

Commuting from Elderslie, when he was 10 mins from Ralston, he must be making a slight bit more where he is now to justify the travel.

There are diefintely goals in tonights game and its just a matter of who turns up best on the night. Our goalie has been absolutely solid at the back, with our issues being before Saturday, taking our chances. I'd imagine more chances will fall to us than that of the game vs Rangers for example. 

The weekends game shows what we are capable of, as we do create great opportunities in games. Mandron could have had another couple in reality.

I wouldn't change the lineup tonight, though respect that tactically the manager may, to suit the best starting 11 to cope with Dundee's impressive attacking play.

Edited by smellthepaw

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but there’s to be a minutes applause at the game tonight, in the 21st minute for a young Saints fan who very sadly passed away at 21 years of age. From what I read on Twitter last night it was very sudden after discovering he had incurable cancer. Be nice if the Dee fans can join in with this as a wee mark of respect for the lad and his family.

Edited by glenburn bud

Please excuse my ignorance but can I buy a stream to watch this game tonight if I live in Scotland?  I think I’m correct in saying I couldn’t if it was a Saturday match but are midweek games different?   I’ve no way of getting to the game in time so that’s my only real option.

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Please excuse my ignorance but can I buy a stream to watch this game tonight if I live in Scotland?  I think I’m correct in saying I couldn’t if it was a Saturday match but are midweek games different?   I’ve no way of getting to the game in time so that’s my only real option.

there is a PPV for tonight

55 minutes ago, Shadow Play said: