St Mirren V Dundee

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Given Mandron went off for Olusanya I'd say it was pretty much not a 'name on the shirt' issue...

They also mixed up Tanser and Bolton a few times during the game and made reference to being difficult to tell "these " players apart. 

Is that racist?  

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

'That should be a penalty as it was a penalty on Saturday' but with a completely different set of officials and it seems, officiating standards, there is never going to be true consistency.

But is this not the whole point in VAR? To get the consistency?

Following on Twitter, it looked like it was going to be a classic case where we let points slip through our fingers because we didn't take our chances. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

I'm not all that bothered about the Carson stuff but it was quite funny he was the goalie to concede those two particular goals last night.

45 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

But is this not the whole point in VAR? To get the consistency?

Handball is always subjective so going to be hard to get consistency - seen even in European games which are supposed to be the better officials reffing.   

I don't even think the one on Saturday and the one last night were that similar other than they were both handball shouts. Boyd-Munce has his arms down by his side but ball travels further, whereas Ashcroft turns and has is arm out away from his body but the ball comes from nearby.

6 hours ago, Molotov said:

Heard an old song last night that I don’t think I’ve heard since we before we left Love St after the second goal went in….

”Go home ya ****!” 

dirty o….. b……s was also belted out 😂

to be fair both songs fitted the occasion perfectly ☑️

Not sure why Docherty is even comparing the two handballs.

The one conceded against Hearts, Ashcroft is turned side on and it hit's his outstretched hand. Unfortunate,  but it's an un-natural position and a penalty.

The one last night, Boyd-Munce has his hand literally down by his side, not in an un-natural position and not making himself bigger. Clearly never a penalty.

The whole argument is fucking stupid.

38 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The one conceded against Hearts, Ashcroft is turned side on and it hit's his outstretched hand. Unfortunate,  but it's an un-natural position and a penalty.

The one last night, Boyd-Munce has his hand literally down by his side, not in an un-natural position and not making himself bigger. Clearly never a penalty.

Beginning to think Tony Docherty is stupid tbh, seething mess of a man 

3 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The sad thing is that what they class as natural is the most unnatural position - people don't stand with their hands glued to their sides.

The current handball law is just utter nonsense

On the subject of our current crop of inept officials, we’ve also suffered at the hands of inept refereeing decisions and some truly shocking VAR f**k ups. 
The double kick penalty that Aberdeen got away with. The 3 disallowed goals in one match v Hearts to name but two. 

The party line from the governing body seems to be it’s just teething troubles and it will all sort itself out.

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

Can someone explain to me why these ultras steal each others flags?

Back in the day it was more humiliating to steal another’s bird. 

Cheers for asking this.

How does it go down anyway? Is it some sort of stealth flag pinch or a full on frontal flag assault?

I'm somewhat confused.

Yours Gus

Age 51

1 hour ago, Big Gus said:

Cheers for asking this.

How does it go down anyway? Is it some sort of stealth flag pinch or a full on frontal flag assault?

I'm somewhat confused.

Yours Gus

Age 51

Perhaps it stems from the computer games these young adults grew up with.

I believe there are “steal the flag” options on some of these computer games. Seem to remember a game “Command and Conquer” that some pals of mine played years ago that had this as an option.

I was a peace loving guy and sat in the corner stoned. 

IMG_7531.gif.74c8b590c695c5cef07fc3e43ba10077.gif

“Just wake me up when you stick on Worms.”

I was a fcuking deadly with the ninja rope or bungee jumping down and shooting the opponent in the head with that game.

The exploding sheep always reminds me of Aberdeen fans.

15 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

any explanation why dundee were late to the party? there’s been nothing on the news about horrendous traffic jams anywhere

There was a breakdown on the A737 at Linwood, traffic was apparently queued back to Hillington at one stage, although was clear by the time I got to Paisley (7.10pm).

Rumours that Carson insisted they swing past Ibrox are unfounded.

Haven’t caught up with reflections on the game but St Mirren deserved to win and it was never a red card.

We looked shattered. Worst performance of the season. Still got so much faith in the side though. Huge game against St. Johnstone on Sunday. 

15 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It certainly looked as if Carson was relying on Olusanya being offside. It appeared he just let him place the ball past him because he was offside and assumed it'd be called back for the freekick. Get it fucking up him.

Maybe so, looking at the highlights, before shooting Olusanya looked to the far post then slotted it near post.