St Mirren V Dundee

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Highlight of the half IMO:

Like an NPC in a game that has clipped the edge of where they are allowed to go and just heads back the way at the same pace.

I love that he doesn't even hesitate before going back to the stand, nor does he seem at all phased by it all as he still has donned the 'hard man' swagger as he makes his retreat back into the stand.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Like an NPC in a game that has clipped the edge of where they are allowed to go and just heads back the way at the same pace.

I love that he doesn't even hesitate before going back to the stand, nor does he seem at all phased by it all as he still has donned the 'hard man' swagger as he makes his retreat back into the stand.

Boys chappie went all the way up into his stomach.

As much as VAR is a pain in the arse, decisions like that offside would have been ruled out without it. It’s not even a tight offside call, he is barely out his own half and the half wit linesman has flagged it. I was just to the right of that ball through and it looked miles on, he even did the thing of pointing the flag down (I thought to show the chasing Dundee players that he wasn’t going to flag) but no, goal went in and he sticks it up. I think most of the ground knew it was going to be given, pretty sure the Saints bench knew it early.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Houses on Tannahill have been condemned for demolition for a few years. Tennants in Tannahill were understandably reluctant to move as many were in these houses for 30-40 years and wanted best council house deal Renfrewshire Council could give before being convinced to move on.

So brinksmanship on both sides and a refusal to move meant that the houses have laid pretty much condemned for far too long. It's a similar situation to what my own mum and dad went through on Bankfoot Road (which runs adjacent to Tannahill) about 23-24 years ago. RC wanted to get them and some others out, they refused until they were offered proper accommodation and not the first shitehole offered and all it led to the street becoming ruinous.

A shame really, It used to be a couple of nice wee decent streets. I think there is now only one or two people in total left across the three streets that make up Tannahill.

It was once the sought-after area in Feegie.

It's a shame how its turned out

2 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

It was once the sought-after area in Feegie.

It's a shame how its turned out

Years of neglect. I really like those properties. With some care and attention they would have lasted much longer than some new builds.

Sad that wee Tony just resorted to the poor pitch excuse, as did Clement. Wee bit disappointed with that response as he’s usually quite fair with his take on the games. If he watches the game back he’ll see that the Saints actually played some good football. Doc has done quite well so far, but he must be well aware his team was very much second best last night. It could have been six or seven, as we missed some very good chances. McCowan and Beck are decent but I’m not even sure that they would get in our team. 

Edited by Kempes

Worth mentioning as well that the Tannahill area was also marked out as the 'centre for sport' in Renfrewshire with loads to facilities and about 8 or 9 full sized football pitches to replace the now dead St. James' racecourse and that was well pre-covid.

So that gives an idea of how long the houses there have been sitting on the condemned list. As @Ludo*1 said though, it is undeniably eerie. And pretty sore to see for someone like myself whose entire childhood was spent in that small area...my back garden looked onto the back gardens in Tannahill.

They made efforts previously of demolishing as soon as a property emptied (hence the big open flat spaces) but now seem to have just given up on doing this and are waiting for them all to finally empty which is definitely wrong in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair play, I'm sure we'll console ourselves with just the 6 points from 9 off the Dees.

Sure we'll beat you later on this season. 

Thank you. 

It certainly looked as if Carson was relying on Olusanya being offside. It appeared he just let him place the ball past him because he was offside and assumed it'd be called back for the freekick. Get it fucking up him.

I'm not usually one to stick up for shite refs, but in real time I, and everyone around me, thought Olusanya was a mile off. I suspect it's because he's so fast, but he looked a good yard offside. I was amazed when I saw the highlights and he was in fact a yard onside.

EDIT - The west stand linesman was, however, an absolute mile behind play, and was in no position to make a call one way or the other.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Bold chat from a fan of team that could get leapfrogged by St Johnstone this weekend.

I have balls the size of grapefruits. 

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Is the boy Dodgson one of the Burnley connections? He looked absolutely dugmeat all night long.

Honking player. 

36 minutes ago, Kempes said:

McCowan and Beck are decent but I’m not even sure that they would get in our team. 

Beck is clearly a very good player but he can't do it all on his own - he seemed to be trying a bit too much and was a bit forward and out of position at times. Elvis did pretty well keeping him in check. 

6 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Is the boy Dodgson one of the Burnley connections? He looked absolutely dugmeat all night long.

He looked poor all night, but some English youth players you do wonder - if they are on a series of loans and nearly 21, why on earth are they still there - they should be off playing down the levels and trying to get a career. His offside trap at the end is as good as Carson's attempts to save the shots. 

11 hours ago, Lex said:

FT 2-0

Routine home win against bottom feeders.  We only need ten men.

Next. 

Shouldnt have been ten men, its never a red card, the boy literally pulls out of the tackle as much as he possible could

Surely st mirren will appeal that? 

11 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Shouldnt have been ten men, its never a red card, the boy literally pulls out of the tackle as much as he possible could

Although would've been a yellow, and still down to 10 men.

11 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

He was already on a yellow, so he was always going to walk.

We should still appeal so he's available for Sunday.