St Mirren V Dundee

Just now, NorthBank said:

I was glad to see Main start before Bayayoko(sp?) who tormented us up at Dens. But even happier we never signed him as we have enough forwards who cannot score. 

Dundee should have been 1 up in the first half but second half we could easily had 5 goals. Great result tonight.

Main has contributed next to nothing since signing, and that's probably being kind to him. Fans will no doubt point to match fitness, but apart from putting some effort in against killie he's done nothing. Bakayoko is amazingly our top scorer and he is rubbish in front of goal most of the time. 

Fair play to St Mirren, they outplayed us tonight. Have to beat the farmers and County before Hibs away. Must win games make no mistake about it. 

Also that's never a red in a month of Sundays. Get VAR to F#CK

In fairness to Main he definitely doesn't look as lean as he did last season, think once he's fully fit he will be a decent player for Dundee

Thought we were really comfortable tonight, agree with everyone about Mandron, was absolutely fantastic tonight. Dodgson looked so nervous up against Scott as well in the first half. If Scott was a bit fitter he could have had a field day.

We saw tonight why Big Joe and Carson were allowed to leave in the summer , that Dundee defence are awful , getting pulled all over the place by Mandron , and then raped for pace at the end by Olusanya when we were down to ten. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably the flattest and poorest we've been in the league this season. 

30 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Not one Dundee fan has said that.

Absolutely desperate for a pat on the back :lol: 

Aye, you're right. It was 'poorest' not 'worst'.

I take it all back.

Must also say, if lads like that Dodgson boy are the calibre of player teams like Burnley are going to decide to send up to Scottish football then they clearly don't think much of us up here.

Boy was a bombscare.

Lyall Cameron on the other hand is a tremendous wee player. Him and McCowan deserved better than the hopeless Main and Mellon ahead of them.

Tony Docherty’s tear stained rant just adds to the night. I suppose that’s easier to blame the SFA than yourself for a poor display. It’s not even a penalty or a horrendous call either. 

Talking of horrendous calls, the lino calling that second goal offside when he was nearly in his own half and about 5 yards on. One of the worst calls I’ve seen. Not sure the red card is a straight red either, it’s a yellow for me (which would have ended up the same). 

8 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Docherty has had a nightmare there. Fair enough they might've had some bad decisions against them recently, but there is no chance that is a penalty. 

Going out of your way to claim that your performance was down to a 'poor pitch' is some shout from a manager of a side who have accidentally installed a plunge pool in one of the corners of theirs.

I didn't think Main was that bad, he just played like Cutis Main, that's what he does. If you aren't going to play to his strengths and get players round him to feed off him winning the physical challenges then I've no idea why you would sign him. That boy Mellon might be a player but he was absolutely shite tonight and offered nothing except a lot of whining at his team mates.

12 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Docherty has had a nightmare there. Fair enough they might've had some bad decisions against them recently, but there is no chance that is a penalty. 

No, it wasn't a penalty, but neither was the identical scenario for Ashcroft against Hearts at the weekend. 

Just so inconsistent.

We can have inconsistency without VAR.