St Mirren V Dundee

This should be a great game.

Hopefully our defence is looking a bit healthier come Wednesday and Dodgson needs dropped.

Guaranteed this thread will be an absolute bin fire by the end of Sunday.

Massive game for both sides with a lot at stake. Welcoming Baccus back is big as well though he might still be feeling the effects of his International jaunt.

I said on St. Mirren thread that the 5 February league games would make or break our season and that we needed 10/11 points for a brilliant return. Anything less and likeihood would be us missing on a shot at Europe post split. I was factoring into that, probably zero or at best a point from Hibs.

A gain of 6 points in 4 days on our two closest rivals for that shot would be crucial at this point in the season.

If we win on Wednesday and given we have 3 games following that we honestly need to be looking at 7-9 points from if we genuinely want to progress (County and Livi away, St. Johnstone at home), then a 9 point gap opening up between us and Dundee at this relatively late stage could prove decisive in that they would struggle to chase us down before the split.

It wouldn't write them out of the top six chase of course or finishing above us after 38, but it would be very unlikely they'd get that top 6 spot at our expense.

Looking forward to this game. Out of all the non-OF teams in the league I really admire what Tony Docherty has done at Dundee.

If we were to lose Robbo he’s the guy I’d want us to go for. 😂 

I’m a little concerned that some of our supporters may be getting a bit cocky/blasé after those last two away league wins at Aberdeen and Hibs.

Dundee inflicted our worst league defeat of the season and we then went through a particularly difficult and disappointing period of results.

Would be great to get back to winning ways at home in the league.

I believe the last time we won in the league at home was 9th Dec 2023 against Ross County. (2-0)

Would settle for a scrappy 1-0 win. 

OG Carson 😜

COYS. 

33 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tbqh I'd be happy with a point so long as we then beat the Farmers next Sunday..

I'm all for us playing free flowing attacking football and getting praise for it but I'd happily accept a shitfest draw in this.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tbqh I'd be happy with a point so long as we then beat the Farmers next Sunday..

I'd happily take a draw in this if we can beat them the week after as well. Sounds like a deal!

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

Looking forward to this game. Out of all the non-OF teams in the league I really admire what Tony Docherty has done at Dundee.

If we were to lose Robbo he’s the guy I’d want us to go for. 😂 

I’m a little concerned that some of our supporters may be getting a bit cocky/blasé after those last two away league wins at Aberdeen and Hibs.

Dundee inflicted our worst league defeat of the season and we then went through a particularly difficult and disappointing period of results.

Would be great to get back to winning ways at home in the league.

I believe the last time we won in the league at home was 9th Dec 2023 against Ross County. (2-0)

Would settle for a scrappy 1-0 win. 

OG Carson 😜

COYS. 

Really?

Did you read our thread after we missed out on signing KVV?

Total gloom and doom, because our squad is apparently weaker than before the transfer window opened.

We were shocking at Dens in the 4-0 pumping. I'm sure the players will remember that.

Both teams seem to be playing some decent football, so hopefully it will be a good watch and a win for us of course.

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

To me, Dundee look like a top 6 team going forward and a bottom 3 team defensively. In the 7 games since Christmas 15 goals conceded and 0 clean sheets. 

Hopefully, an entertaining, high-scoring game and home win. 

That just about sums it up just now, however, we are missing Portales and Lamie. 

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Really?

Did you read our thread after we missed out on signing KVV?

Total gloom and doom, because our squad is apparently weaker than before the transfer window opened.

We were shocking at Dens in the 4-0 pumping. I'm sure the players will remember that.

Both teams seem to be playing some decent football, so hopefully it will be a good watch and a win for us of course.

I said “some” - obviously not the intelligent/realistic/positive P&B Saints fans. 😂 
More like the Facebook community. 😜Elvis will obviously have this down on his coupon as a guaranteed away win. 
His outlook is always “down”.

Can I just shock you? I like Paisley.

I had a pal who moved to Dundee from Paisley and he always said he liked it because it reminded him of home. Went to watch East Craigie play Johnstone Burgh last summer and walked back to Paisley (first time not just parking, going to the game then going home) and I totally see what he meant. Is this where the tension lies? We see ourselves in each other?

Some cracking old buildings and streets and let me just tell you - Gilmour Street - what a station.

I can also distinguish a Paisley accent from that other place along the road, although I won't mention it by name because I may wish to use it contrarily as ammunition at a later date.

Thank you.

Just now, RawB93 said:

Can I just shock you? I like Paisley.

I had a pal who moved to Dundee from Paisley and he always said he liked it because it reminded him of home. Went to watch East Craigie play Johnstone Burgh last summer and walked back to Paisley (first time not just parking, going to the game then going home) and I totally see what he meant. Is this where the tension lies? We see ourselves in each other?

Some cracking old buildings and streets and let me just tell you - Gilmour Street - what a station.

I can also distinguish a Paisley accent from that other place along the road, although I won't mention it by name because I may wish to use it contrarily as ammunition at a later date.

Thank you.

Paisley really is a great town. Loads of historic buildings. Some great boozers and music venues.

Unfortunately completely fcuked over by our council planning department. The traditional high street killed off due to supermarkets and places like Braehead. If they had the right vision they could redevelop the area.

There are few places in the UK that can boast an international airport, a major motorway and a main railway station within 1.5 mile radius of the town centre. 

After all these years they have still not managed to introduce a rail link to Glasgow Airport. Eejits.

Dundee fans are always welcome!

In fact we invariably give a warm invitation to all non-OF fans in our town. 

28 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Unfortunately completely fcuked over by our council planning department. The traditional high street killed off due to supermarkets and places like Braehead. If they had the right vision they could redevelop the area.

Sadly the same story across the country. I don't think there's a single town or city in Scotland I've not heard described as a shitehole by other Scots. That wee shop that sits on its own in a wasteland by the ground - I'm sure my pal told me that was one of the roughest bits or had some high crime statistics, guessing all the houses were pulled down. But similarly I'm a person who likes a bit of grime and decay and that's part of what makes me like Dundee, Paisley, Glasgow etc. I feel out of place in some of the posher bits of Edinburgh & even Glasgow. There's a certain type of charm in a pretty shitehole. Like someone getting dressed up for court. 

Really looking forward to this game. After yesterday’s result in Leith, we will have our tails up. Hopefully not overconfident as Dundee look a right good side given the 4-0 doing served up previously at Dens.

Beck,McCowan and the other young lad that scored against Hearts have been very impressive.

We also have the added interest with big Joe Shaughnessy Carson and Curtis Main looking to put one over on us. A win takes us 9 points clear that in itself should be an incentive. Bring it on.

Difficult venue against a good side. Probably not too much between the teams except defensively. Out injuries at the back are costing us. We had a ton of clean sheets in the first half of the season. Hopefully Portales isn’t too far away. Lamie would also make a difference. We’re scoring a lot of goals but as others have said I’d probably take a boring 0-0 draw and move on to games against sides at the bottom.