St Mirren V Dundee

i enjoyed that tonight.from the silly wee boys in the stands to the panto booing of carson and the laughter at main all thrown into a decent game of football.saints were very good and if they’d turned chances into goals the game would have been over by half time.dundee had 4 shots in the match,0 on target,but struck me as not a bad team when they hit on the break.pleasing to win a potential banana skin match.

ps.seriously what has happened to curtis main?

Listening to Tony on BBC, I hope St Mirren have the decency to apologize for the state of our pitch, our tactics and anything else Pep……..sorry Tony has concerns with.

The Dundee Galactico’s deserve better.

Sad Giannis Antetokounmpo GIF

Should add in case the Dee commentary team see this, the man above is neither Mandron or Olusanya.

Thank you.

Edited by Torfason

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Aye, you're right. It was 'poorest' not 'worst'.

I take it all back.

I don't really see why that's upsetting you tbh.

I didn't say that you lot were undeserving or that you didn't  nullify us completely - you did both and deserve credit for that.

It's not an insult to say that's the flattest we've played. We didn't have a shot on target - that naturally - will be a mix of both things being correct with one team doing a job on the other and the other being poor.

Hardly controversial stuff.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

McLean is almost as incompetent as Collum.

Not a straight red. A yellow, and a red for a 2nd yellow which would mean a ban of the next league game but not banned for the cup tie v Celtic and the next league game.

Oft. The fact that he's went to the monitor to double check that and still decided it's a red sums him up.

Truly one of the worst of a really, really poor bunch.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't really see why that's upsetting you tbh.

I didn't say that you lot were undeserving or that you didn't  nullify us completely - you did both and deserve credit for that.

It's not an insult to say that's the flattest we've played. We didn't have a shot on target - that naturally - will be a mix of both things being correct with one team doing a job on the other and the other being poor.

Hardly controversial stuff.

The only reason I quoted you was because another poster said that no one had said it. I wasn't having a pop at you. I didnt take it as an insult, and I'm certainly not upset.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

McLean is almost as incompetent as Collum.

Not a straight red. A yellow, and a red for a 2nd yellow which would mean a ban of the next league game but not banned for the cup tie v Celtic and the next league game.

Jeeze! I’m not even sure that’s a yellow.  

He pulls out, his leg is on the ground, he doesn’t contact his opponent.  

How after seeing that again can he say that’s a straight red!?!?

Almost as bizarre as flagging Saints second goal offside.  

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Jeeze! I’m not even sure that’s a yellow.  

He pulls out, his leg is on the ground, he doesn’t contact his opponent.  

How after seeing that again can he say that’s a straight red!?!?

Almost as bizarre as flagging Saints second goal offside.  

He does, his right leg hits Dodgson's right leg.

I think it's a stretch to say it's not a yellow. He does pull out it but it's still very late.

And I thought his first booking looked like a good challenge. Ultimately though I think players need to take some responsibility, if you're on a yellow then don't dive in.

Edit: as a side point, going to VAR so they could downgrade that to a second yellow seems a colossal waste of time. Just let the decision stand, because for the remainder of the game it's immaterial. We can then appeal the straight red so he's available for the Celtic game.i get they'll have protocols to follow but it seems daft.

Edited by houston_bud

8 hours ago, Girth said:

4-2 on aggregate. 

Thank you. 

Eh. 5-4 to you on goals scored but 6-3 on points won over three league games. 

Our team were poor that day in Dundee. Robbo never made any excuses for that pumping at Dens but there was a sickness in our camp leading up to that game.

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

4-5 actually.

And 6-3 on points.

Just seen this. Apologies for repeating the same lack of accuracy from the Dundee fan. Bit like their strikers last night.

Zach had fcuk all to do last night. But another clean sheet. Happy days. 

Carson on the other hand…..

IMG_7526.gif.9b71289e6fb0957233fba14ab5c656b0.gif

Dundee are no mugs under Docherty. That was a superb performance last night by Saints.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

My favourite angle of the offside call. I still want VAR to get punted but to think those mad fuckers would have ruled this out is absolutely incredible.

IMG_5197.jpg

The West stand assistant referee took even more flak after that incident. Incredible to think that they get paid so much to get decisions like this so wrong.