St Mirren V Dundee

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It didn't look like your usual scummy area and some of the gardens still in decent condition but it's fucking eerie in the dark.

They are decent houses. There are similar builds in other parts of the town in Gallowhill, Lochfield and Whitehaugh.

As has been said, they've been scheduled for demolition for years therefore have had no essential or remedial work done by the council for ages.

26 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

It's great that so many teams churn out their 'worst performance of the season' when they lose to us.

Not one Dundee fan has said that.

26 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Wonder what the common denominator is.

Absolutely desperate for a pat on the back :lol: 

Kiltie was excellent again tonight but I couldn’t believe he didn’t square that chance to an unmarked Jamieson three yards out. I was sure we were chucking away two points after that and the red card but the team did really well. Olusanya is a brilliant option to have in that type of situation and it was a great finish, delighted for him.

I enjoyed Mellon’s wee tantrum in the first half after he ran the ball out for a goal kick.

Edited by Gareth_Glasgow

2 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Keen to see Boltons challenge on Sportscene ,looked on replay on IPTV to not touch the lad…we,ll see.

Naw, he did, but he bent his legs away and made contact with his knees. A bad, late challenge, but definitely not a red.

100% sure it gets overturned if we appeal.

If that happens, and it gets downgraded to a yellow, does Bolton get a suspension as if he was sent off on the night (ie for a second yellow?)

Enjoyable evening, all told - Dundee zip the ball about well and clearly have something about them, but for all the hype about the likes of Mellon they were pretty toothless. Can’t remember Hemming having a save to make.

Thought we were decent in the first half without threatening enough, but the second half performance was excellent. Big Mika was superb leading the line and deserved his goal. Credit to Bwumono too for keeping Beck quiet.

Was disappointed with what I seen from Dundee tonight but we bossed that from start to finish. Pleasing to get one over Carson and, with humble pie, I have to say his departure has been a blessing in disguise as Hemming has been great. Didn't think I would ever say that as I was a fan of Carson's during his time in Paisley.

Credit to the full team but CBM was first class, Kwon (first time I've seen him in the flesh) looks a player, and Mandron is becoming the striker that Robinson clearly thought he could be. On tonight's showing I am very happy we didn't break the bank to bring back Curtis or sign Kevin Van Veen. Marcus Fraser, who has his doubters, was dominant tonight and the most comfortable I have seen him in a long time.

I thought Bolton's red card was the correct call in real time. There was little complaint from him or his teammates when it was given but admittedly I haven't seen it back. Regardless, the officials were clueless throughout the 90 minutes.

No idea what Alan Combe was raging about during the VAR delay for Toyosi's goal. But GIRUY.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Naw, he did, but he bent his legs away and made contact with his knees. A bad, late challenge, but definitely not a red.

100% sure it gets overturned if we appeal.

If that happens, and it gets downgraded to a yellow, does Bolton get a suspension as if he was sent off on the night (ie for a second yellow?)

If that happens then it would be a 1 match ban whereas if the straight red stands it will be 2 matches.

56 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

carson flogged the 1st if he didn't its probably ending 0-0

st mirrens 2nd wtf were we dong trying to play offside when boy is clearly in his own half.

why when every single dundee player appealed for a handball var didnt even look at it....ashcrofts "handball" at the weekend looked softer than the one tonight.

Of course it would have been looked at.

Routine win against diddies as expected. Dundee did well to get rid of Cammy Kerr only to replace him with someone just as bad in No.3. James Scott had the beating of him everytime. Wasn’t the worst on the pitch though - Steven McLean comfortably the worst. Shockingly poor performance.

Should’ve won by more. Two games in a row Hemming has had 0 saves to make. He must be bored out his mind.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Of course it would have been looked at.

VAR did look at it. The referee signalled it was nothing when the ball went out for a shy so obviously VAR looked at the incident when play was still going on and determined it didn't touch his hand, as if it did it would have warranted a much longer look.

5 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Routine win against diddies as expected. Dundee did well to get rid of Cammy Kerr only to replace him with someone just as bad in No.3. James Scott had the beating of him everytime. Wasn’t the worst on the pitch though - Steven McLean comfortably the worst. Shockingly poor performance.

Should’ve won by more. Two games in a row Hemming has had 0 saves to make. He must be bored out his mind.

Football Gg GIF by FaZe Clan

Excellent win. Totally nullified Dundee, not a shot on target is great defensive work. Carson might be an uber Currant but he saved Dundee a hiding tonight despite being at fault for the crucial opener. Red was a yellow so given Bolton had been booked you can see why he didn't over turn it, I wouldn't bother appealing.

We seem to have our mojo back. Onwards to the cup and another vital game after that at Livi. Exciting business end looming.

I was glad to see Main start before Bayayoko(sp?) who tormented us up at Dens. But even happier we never signed him as we have enough forwards who cannot score. 

Dundee should have been 1 up in the first half but second half we could easily had 5 goals. Great result tonight.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

I was glad to see Main start before Bayayoko(sp?) who tormented us up at Dens. But even happier we never signed him as we have enough forwards who cannot score. 

Dundee should have been 1 up in the first half but second half we could easily had 5 goals. Great result tonight.

3 in the last 2 games suggests they can score. We are playing much better and creating chances again to me that is the difference.