Rovers 🔵 v United 🟠 - top of the table clash

Considering you don't need to go to far back to see Rovers playing in front of crowds of about 1,200 at Stark's, this is incredible.  Yes, a large proportion of the crowd tonight will be United fans, but to have over 4,000 Rovers fans for a league game is absolutely amazing.   I just hope we all get the spectacle we're hoping for .

I expect there'll be a pretty decent tv audience for this too so hopefully we put on a good show.

Having said all of that, right now if you offered me the chance to scrape a 1-0 in the last minute of a complete shit-fest I would bite your hand off for it.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's great to be involved in such a big game - when we were last down here our promotion season was curtailed by Covid, so actually getting to experience a promotion battle is brilliant. Hopefully I'll feel the same at 9:45 tonight ;) 

Yeah, don't think we had a title race at all on our last visit. First three seasons our title ambitions were dead by the end of January (iirc) and the final season we were miles ahead from early on.

Given how rancid we've been since New Year I'm going along tonight with great trepidation, but we've got to snap the losing streak sometime. Tonight would be a good time to do it.

2 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

A slow Murray and Watson at the back gives me the fear.

Im hoping our wide men can get some balls whipped in for Jack Hamilton to attack.

If we start with 4 defenders, and those four are Millen/Watson/Murray/Dick, I’m afraid we probably won’t win.

I don’t know if S. Brown would be an upgrade on Millen. I’d rather see Corr with Watson or Murray for his speed. Dick isn’t as likely to be one for “some balls whipped in”.

I would not be surprised to see a 3-5-2…I’d like to see S. Brown or Corr/Watson/Murray as a back three.

For the wingbacks, I’d use Millen or Mullen on the far right, and the other…although the podcast did make me consider Mullen at RWB and Millen at LWB, but then we sit another midfielder that I think is probably better than at least one of them in that role.

I hope the suggestion Sam tweaked something in practice is wrong and I hope we see Matthews at least play.

Regardless of whether its lose, draw or win tonight the ticket sales from both sets of supporters is exceptional, and a great boost to our finances. I'd bite yer hand off for the draw right now though  

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Is there a club shop at the ground. Wee man looking to add a pin badge to his collection 

Yes, it's next to the office on the outside of the main stand.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

If we start with 4 defenders, and those four are Millen/Watson/Murray/Dick, I’m afraid we probably won’t win.

I don’t know if S. Brown would be an upgrade on Millen. I’d rather see Corr with Watson or Murray for his speed. Dick isn’t as likely to be one for “some balls whipped in”.

I would not be surprised to see a 3-5-2…I’d like to see S. Brown or Corr/Watson/Murray as a back three.

For the wingbacks, I’d use Millen or Mullen on the far right, and the other…although the podcast did make me consider Mullen at RWB and Millen at LWB, but then we sit another midfielder that I think is probably better than at least one of them in that role.

I hope the suggestion Sam tweaked something in practice is wrong and I hope we see Matthews at least play.

Agree with that. 
There was enough poor form recently to have had another look at Corr in the Inverness, QP, Livi or Airdrie games. I’d pair him with Watson. 
Brown and Byrne don’t work together in the middle and he’ll never drop Brown.

Got everything crossed that Super Sam is on the starting 11 team sheet.

Utterly astonishing that Hamilton is benched in preference for Rudden. That’s a wild change.

Thought Murray would’ve played Easton too with it being a chance for him to shine under the lights. No issue with that change though as he’s been howling.

And pretty conclusive Millen has had a fall out with the gaffer.