Rovers πŸ”΅ v United 🟠 - top of the table clash

Both teams have taken a severe hit in terms of form. The difference being United have kept picking up points. I think from a Rovers point of view the message to the players 'put up or shut up'. Easily a 6 pointer for us, less so for united.

It will be interesting. I'm glad I'm not a betting man for this one.

43 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

It's a big game right enough but not sure it needs two threadsΒ 

Only two threads? That doesn’t speak to the importance of this game. Someone should start a third thread, and quickly.

I don't think it's too simple to say that a United win here all but guarantees them the title.Β  Even if we managed to find our form again, 7 points (8 really with the goal difference) would be a big ask.

The week off should hopefully do us some good, both in helping to ensure a full squad available and in giving them a chance to work on the training ground to get back to basics.

Based on the ticket sales it looks very much like the United fans recognise the importance of this too:

image.png.47d78354186367909c0267c0b5bcfe80.png

Not sure on the exact capacity of the stand at the moment due to broken seats but that must be close to 3k sold already with a week and a half still to go.

21 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I don't think it's too simple to say that a United win here all but guarantees them the title.Β  Even if we managed to find our form again, 7 points (8 really with the goal difference) would be a big ask.

The week off should hopefully do us some good, both in helping to ensure a full squad available and in giving them a chance to work on the training ground to get back to basics.

Based on the ticket sales it looks very much like the United fans recognise the importance of this too:

image.png.47d78354186367909c0267c0b5bcfe80.png

Not sure on the exact capacity of the stand at the moment due to broken seats but that must be close to 3k sold already with a week and a half still to go.

Impressive sales especially with the game being on TV. The back two rows and the section nearest the Railway Stand seem to be out of action. Think that leaves about 2800 seats. Can see the Railway opened again.

I've never thought we could sustain a title challenge all season but it's slightly galling looking back at the results since Tannadice. Even with a slump, it's easy to see where an extra four points could have come from, taking us in level to this game.

Hopefully a week off gives us time to recharge and come back better than we have been.Β 

Point of reference.Β  If Dundee United are allowed to 'get away with it' they will have no problems winning the league.

Both players received a booking for this 'tussle'. Stanger went on to receive a stupid yellow for dissent, whilst Sibbald didn't even receive a talking to for 5+ Deliberate / Professional Fouls.Β 

image.png.e0d665c1012e38301af387f6bef98fe1.png

48 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Point of reference.Β  If Dundee United are allowed to 'get away with it' they will have no problems winning the league.

Both players received a booking for this 'tussle'. Stanger went on to receive a stupid yellow for dissent, whilst Sibbald didn't even receive a talking to for 5+ Deliberate / Professional Fouls.Β 

Sibbald is an animal right enough.Β  In the game at Tannadire he was going for legs rather than the ball and eventually got booked.Β  Could have been more for persistence.
Anyhow, speaking of animals, the Rovers are a wounded animal right now, and animals are at their most dangerous when wounded or cornered (both apply).

1 hour ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Both players didn't get booked for that.Β  They got booked for the afters.Β  You are making it sound like the Ayr diddy got booked for being fouled

4 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Both players didn't get booked for that.Β  They got booked for the afters.Β  You are making it sound like the Ayr diddy got booked for being fouled

No, I clearly described it as a 'tussle', I am implying that Middleton was fortunate, and Stanger, unfortunate.

On any other day Stanger stays down and receives treatment, Middleton gets a straight red.

The afters/handbags where conducted by McAllister and Moult, neither of whom got booked.

4 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Impressive sales especially with the game being on TV. The back two rows and the section nearest the Railway Stand seem to be out of action. Think that leaves about 2800 seats. Can see the Railway opened again.

I've never thought we could sustain a title challenge all season but it's slightly galling looking back at the results since Tannadice. Even with a slump, it's easy to see where an extra four points could have come from, taking us in level to this game.

Hopefully a week off gives us time to recharge and come back better than we have been.Β 

Email just received from the club would seem to back that up. Over 2,500 sold in the away end so far with around 300 remaining.Β  There must be a fair few seats missing in there as I'm sure it used to hold over 3,000.

Email also has a link to a survey about opening the SM Lighting stand to United fans again.  If we hadn't lost our last 5 games I'd probably be saying no as I would expect us to sell out the South and Main stands and need that stand too.  Given our recent form, I doubt we'll sell out the other two stands so will probably just tell them to go for it.  May as well get the extra £££ into the club. 

8 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Who is breaking all the seats at Starks Park?Β 

Poor shooting in the warm ups, few folk scudded off the heid as well (me included once)