Rovers 🔵 v United 🟠 - top of the table clash

Really appreciate the work the new people have done but putting up stuff like that is just misleading. I was there at a league game vs Rangers in 1995 when I was 15 or so and it was around 9,000. It’s a minor point but just annoyed me a bit because that time was an important time to me as a supporter. I would prefer we stop manipulating words to try to pat ourselves on the back midway through a season when there’s so much work still to be done. If we don’t steady the ship there is no hiding that we’ve bottled it in the eyes of supporters of other teams. Sell the tickets on the basis on the importance of a match, not some arbitrary number.

Anyhoo, onto the match. If Stanton isn’t ready to start, it is this line up for me:

Kev

Millen Watson Murray Dick

Byrne   Brown

Connolly Vaughan  Easton

Hamilton

I get Easton has been off the boil, but he can bring a moment of magic. I feel Connolly brings more out of Millen and we need two holding midfielders in this match.

Big crowd. Big game for us. This is something to look forward to. 

On 07/02/2024 at 13:57, Scary Bear said:

Fairly sure that wouldn’t be our highest ever home league attendance. I’m assuming it just means this season?IMG_6098.thumb.png.4f78b1336964930c9247f59636737ca5.png

So looking at that message, they’re obviously referring to the 2015-2016 Rangers match, with 6,943 attendance…”almost 5,500 tickets already sold” and “just 1,453 seats away”, surely suggests they’d sold 5,491, and adding 1,453 would bring that to 6,944, one over the Rangers match total.

I suspect, as others have suggested, that they are referring to Championship League Attendance. That would give eight seasons to pick from, 13-14 to 16-17 and 20-21 to 23-24. The only decent records I can find have per game since 09-10, and that’s still the highest in that period except the Celtic Scottish Cup match in 12-13, which recorded 7,144.

I agree it’s disingenuous to advertise this way…just adding “in the Championship” would have made it much clearer and honest.

I feel like some people are just looking for things to be upset about now given the good job the board have done. 

I was also there for some of the 9,000 plus games in the 90's such as the Fife Derby where we could've won the title in 95.  It really doesn't bother me if they're being a bit liberal with the use of facts.  They're trying to use social media to build a bit of excitement for a game that shouldn't really need it but probably does at the moment given our recent form.

Would be peak Raith Rovers to have been so poor for pretty much the entirity of January to go into such a huge game against a team like Dundee Utd and pull a win out the bag. 

44 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Would be peak Raith Rovers to have been so poor for pretty much the entirity of January to go into such a huge game against a team like Dundee Utd and pull a win out the bag. 

It's what I'm counting on to be honest.  I actually think it's the perfect game for us just now.

This will be some game if both sides play at their best. Both have went off the boil recently, and this will come down to who’ll find form first. 
I think Rovers will edge this game though. 

image.png.edd53d234decdb18b33fc0a3bc23dbed.png

This is some effort by the United fans.  North Stand completely sold out and only these seats left in the Railway Stand with a week still to go.  I imagine they'll sell out their whole allocation before the game.

Home ticket sales not what they would be if we were on better form but still way higher than we've been getting at home since probably the Premier Division years in the 90's.  I would expect a wee bit of a rush as we get towards the game and it should get pretty close to a sell out. 

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

image.png.edd53d234decdb18b33fc0a3bc23dbed.png

This is some effort by the United fans.  North Stand completely sold out and only these seats left in the Railway Stand with a week still to go.  I imagine they'll sell out their whole allocation before the game.

Home ticket sales not what they would be if we were on better form but still way higher than we've been getting at home since probably the Premier Division years in the 90's.  I would expect a wee bit of a rush as we get towards the game and it should get pretty close to a sell out. 

Reckon South Stand will be close to a sell out and numbers in Main Stand have been healthy in recent weeks with hospitality etc. 

And yes cracking ticket sales for United.Hopefully they all head home raging 

Edited by SerieA

I just hope that all the home fans that have tickets turn up. 

I don’t have a season ticket due to working a lot of weekends but I do have an area of the south stand that I prefer to sit in. 
Every game that I am able to make I get tickets as early as possible to try and ensure I get a seat in the area I want- most times it’s really difficult and the ticket map makes it look like all the seats in the area are sold but when at the game there are plenty of free seats. 
I assume that a lot of them are under 12 tickets purchased because they’re free and the kids don’t want to go to every game. 
I’ve no problem with that, I’d do the same with my youngest if I was buying a ST but it is annoying. 

15 hours ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Really appreciate the work the new people have done but putting up stuff like that is just misleading. I was there at a league game vs Rangers in 1995 when I was 15 or so and it was around 9,000. It’s a minor point but just annoyed me a bit because that time was an important time to me as a supporter. I would prefer we stop manipulating words to try to pat ourselves on the back midway through a season when there’s so much work still to be done. If we don’t steady the ship there is no hiding that we’ve bottled it in the eyes of supporters of other teams. Sell the tickets on the basis on the importance of a match, not some arbitrary number.

Anyhoo, onto the match. If Stanton isn’t ready to start, it is this line up for me:

Kev

Millen Watson Murray Dick

Byrne   Brown

Connolly Vaughan  Easton

Hamilton

I get Easton has been off the boil, but he can bring a moment of magic. I feel Connolly brings more out of Millen and we need two holding midfielders in this match.

Big crowd. Big game for us. This is something to look forward to. 

Confident Stanton will be ready 

Only a few days now to the big game. Not reading much confidence from Rovers' fans... United not in great form but still picking up points. I don't think this is a decider but it could be a turning point. Raith win and they could get a boost and we could stumble...draw and it's as you were. If we win, we're in a strong position but our two games at Cappielow are looking harder with every week that goes by.

United line up will be something like this...

Walton

Grimshaw Graham Holt McMann

Sibbald Docherty

Watt Wothersoon Middleton

Moult

Prediction - Raith 1 DUFC 3