Rovers 🔵 v United 🟠 - top of the table clash

I think the majority of the seats are from the 90's. You can see the bases they sit on are rusty as f**k. 

Have our new overlords set out anything about maintenance for the 2 big stands, Sim was on about needing 500k spent on them. 

24 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I refuse to believe 8000 is Rovers highest ever league attendance 

It's definitely not but I'm not sure exactly what timescale they are talking about. In the new starks park maybe? 

21 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Who is breaking all the seats at Starks Park? 

When the seats were new the frames were plastic rather than zinc coated and have deteriorated over the years, this and getting pelted with footballs and pie lovers sitting on them.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

11 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

It's definitely not but I'm not sure exactly what timescale they are talking about. In the new starks park maybe? 

Must be from the home Railway stand closing as that takes out the Millenium derby and OF crowds in the 96/97 season.

Since then I think the only 7000+ crowd was Celtic in the cup (2013) which was with neither Railway stand in use.

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

I'm fairly sure it's the record attendance with the current capacity.  I'm sure they were making the same statements before the last United game and gave more of an explanation.

18 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

31,306   against Hearts, WAY back in 1953!!

As regards crowd records since the stadium, stands etc were revamped, to all seated?

I am sure we would have had over that 8K with visits of the Old Firm etc

Was a cracking atmosphere for the first game at Starks Park considering the weather that day.

The away game at Tannadice was brilliant from a Raith viewpoint-best atmosphere in an away end for years.

This one has all the makings of another cracking atmosphere under the lights on a Friday night for TV-and hopefully a good  game with Raith finding that killer instinct again.

A win for United could be the killer blow for Raiths title challenge.

Looking forward to next Friday.

Edited by SerieA

19 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Fairly sure that wouldn’t be our highest ever home league attendance. I’m assuming it just means this season?IMG_6098.thumb.png.4f78b1336964930c9247f59636737ca5.png

Just like English top-flight football only started in 1992, Rovers’ history only began this century… I’m all for the new board blowing their own trumpets but this is nonsense.

Think this is win or bust for us. If United leave with all three points then that’s the title as good as in the bag.  It’s still a week away so plenty of time to get up for this, but coming off 5 straight defeats and some really poor performances then it feels hard to get excited at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Just like English top-flight football only started in 1992, Rovers’ history only began this century… I’m all for the new board blowing their own trumpets but this is nonsense.

I suspect it means our highest attendance in the Championship…. But I agree, if that’s what it means then why not say that, as it’s definitely not our highest ever league attendance. 

Kudos to the United fans though, we’ve been in the Championship with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the last decade so that’s good going.