Rovers 🔵 v United 🟠 - top of the table clash

On another note. You can't beat a night time game under the floodlights with a big crowd. Think both ends will be bouncing. Really hoping we can do the business however the last few weeks have scunnered me a wee bit. 

A sell-out, top-of-the-table game, under the lights and on the TV.  If we can't get up for this match (fans and players alike) then maybe football isn't for us.  Yes, the last 6 weeks (and probably a little longer tbh) have been a bit crappy.  We've all been through far worse than this though and a win tomorrow will make all of that go away for a while.

Really, really looking forward to this now. 

Tough to predict a result (as both teams are so unpredictable this season) but I'm going to allow my inner optimist to come out and predict a 3-1 Rovers win.  The third goal coming late on as United go in search of an equaliser.  I'm aware that anyone who's seen Rovers play recently, or had a look at United's away record, will think I'm nuts.  Who cares....football is a mental game at times so why not tomorrow?????

From a Rovers point of view it's actually hard to be positive for this one due to current form and the shithousery of a defence we have. 

With Stanton back and a change hopefully at the back with Brown coming in. I just feel we have no cohesion or continuity at the moment. Realistically a draw on current form would be a decent result but for title hopes, would have to be a win. 

No idea what Murray will do here? 

I could see him possibly going;

Dabrowski 

Brown      Brown     Watson      Dick

Mullen     Stanton    Byrne      Easton

Vaughan    Hamilton 

Brown and Byrne don't seem to be able to play together and Murray has been absolutely abysmal, so Scott Brown in there might be a shout for this?! He won't play Corr so it will be Murray or Brown. If he plays Murray then decisions in midfield will be interesting? Has to drop someone for Stanton coming back? 

Gives boss man a good chance to play Murrayball with Smith, Rudden and Connolly to come off the bench 😂🙄

The pars are shite at the moment and we still drew 0-0 a couple of weeks ago.

If the Rovers keep it tight, no gung ho shit, you can frustrate them and their fans.

They do have Achilles heels . Hopefully your management have identified them and have plans .

Looking forward to watching this.

I would say come on Rovers but that would be stretching it.😀

Excited for tomorrow-big crowd…great atmosphere…hoping for a great game.

Nervous for tomorrow-our recent form/performances haven’t been great…hasn’t been much in those games but we’ve lost that winning mentality…hoping that the wee break will bring a change of fortunes.

Not got a clue how we’ll line up.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To the important stuff: on the walk up from Starks to the Beveridge Car Park, is the shop on the junction from Ramsay Road and Barnet Crescent open until 10pm? 

Any help much appreciated.

Dont think so

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To the important stuff: on the walk up from Starks to the Beveridge Car Park, is the shop on the junction from Ramsay Road and Barnet Crescent open until 10pm? 

Any help much appreciated.

No, if you want a carry out you could go to the Tesco Express on Nicol Street a 2 minute drive from the car park.

56 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hearing Stanton tweaked something towards the end of training today.  Not guaranteed to be out but looking bleak for him making the start tomorrow night.

Rightyo Albert.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hearing Stanton tweaked something towards the end of training today.  Not guaranteed to be out but looking bleak for him making the start tomorrow night.

Him and Ross Docherty both out is a big blow to both teams 

Pleasantly surprised its heading towards a sell out, given that being 4 points behind probably falls below even the most pessimistic fans worst expectations given where we were.

It's absolute must win if we are to be considered as being any sort of title contenders.

Right, positive heid on. 

Tough one to call, as its do or die for Rovers, and a draw suits them better.  Hopefully the week off last week did them the world of good.

United don't concede many, and it really depends if our kamikazee defending has been put to bed or not.

1-0 win to the Rovers.  Super Sam to score it on his return!

It's great to be involved in such a big game - when we were last down here our promotion season was curtailed by Covid, so actually getting to experience a promotion battle is brilliant. Hopefully I'll feel the same at 9:45 tonight ;) 

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's great to be involved in such a big game - when we were last down here our promotion season was curtailed by Covid, so actually getting to experience a promotion battle is brilliant. Hopefully I'll feel the same at 9:45 tonight ;) 

To be in a promotion battle at 9:45 tonight would require a Rovers win....

Thank you

Prediction for the night, United will control the game for the most part, dominating the midfield, Rovers relying on quick counters and feeding off punts up the park from a panicked Dick and new boy Brown. Rovers creating their chances down the United right with Hamilton, Easton and Vaughan all drifting to that space and attacking a pretty weak link that is Grimshaw. 

Think it'll end in a draw though. 😂