On 01/05/2024 at 22:56, Shankland1874 said:

I want a decent modern ground with a stand and proper terracing. If it’s plastic or hybrid then would help with the finances going forward 

Probably the youth/community part but do Pollok not already run Nethercraigs sports complex. Running track, grass and astro parks, gym etc. If that making money then why would moving first team there or somewhere similar help at all? 

Would hate to see them move from Newlandsfield to somewhere like there! 

Newlandsfield is a fantastic ground in a great location which generates a great atmosphere.If Lok had access to the funds that Gartcairn /St Cadocs/JB had then it could be upgraded a bit to something really special.But they don’t and the money to do these things has to come from fans.

8 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Newlandsfield is a fantastic ground in a great location which generates a great atmosphere.If Lok had access to the funds that Gartcairn /St Cadocs/JB had then it could be upgraded a bit to something really special.But they don’t and the money to do these things has to come from fans.

Always found Newlandsfield one of the better/best grounds to visit. I'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this way. Cant believe anyine in their right mind would want to dump it for a soulless plastic football graveyard

5 hours ago, AMP28 said:

Probably the youth/community part but do Pollok not already run Nethercraigs sports complex. Running track, grass and astro parks, gym etc. If that making money then why would moving first team there or somewhere similar help at all? 

Would hate to see them move from Newlandsfield to somewhere like there! 

It is owned by Pollok United I believe who have a partnership with Pollok FC but not officially part. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

5 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

It is owned by Pollok United I believe who have a partnership with Pollok FC but not officially part. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

You are most certainly correct, think the partnership has been going for around 10 years. United I believe have the lease from that Glasgow Club setup. The United boys were regularly invited to the Southside Nou Camp when I was coaching at under 21's elsewhere.

Pollok United, my 1st Club followed closely by St.Convals, played on the grass pitches located between the White Cart Water and Bonnyholm Avenue just off Linthaugh Road. Trained at Linthaugh Nursery at Brockburn/Crookston junction. We got changed in the nursery then had to walk through Rosshall Park to get to Bonnyholm crossing the White Cart more than once.  Jesus that was over 50 years ago.

20 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

There isn't a partnership per say. Nethercraigs is run and controlled by Pollok United Academy and Pollok first team use Nethecraigs for training which they pay for.  There should be a  full partnership and so beneficial but not been for a number of years

21 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Superb stuff from a Lok fan who had the connections to pull this off at Times Square!

New York cops will turn a blind eye to anything.

Saw this on another page. Is this nonsense or sign of the times?

Pollok seem to be in turnmoil off the park still, issues paying buses etc...unsure how a club with the following of Pollok can be in the position it is in other than through total mismanagement by the committee. For me Pollok at the biggest unknown for next season. I was hearing that a recent contract extension player has tried to over his services to Talbot which if true would be a great signing for them. 

9 hours ago, Shankland1874 said:

Saw this on another page. Is this nonsense or sign of the times?

Pollok seem to be in turnmoil off the park still, issues paying buses etc...unsure how a club with the following of Pollok can be in the position it is in other than through total mismanagement by the committee. For me Pollok at the biggest unknown for next season. I was hearing that a recent contract extension player has tried to over his services to Talbot which if true would be a great signing for them. 

From what I’m told thats all nonsense, club is on the right track off the park.

2 hours ago, mtln said:

From what I’m told thats all nonsense, club is on the right track off the park.

It's just one mentalist constantly posting nonsense from his two accounts, best ignored 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Fulton One Nil said:

Nonsense - two accounts - his - - - -??????

It might not be two accounts but there is certainly one who is constantly peddling shite. 

Edited by Dean Learner