Falkirk v Hamilton Pt3

Falkirk at even money seems very generous considering the turmoil Hamilton appear to be in. If we turn up as we did at Alloa we will be 11 clear by 4.45pm. We have to turn up though. 

Absolutely huge game - similar stakes to the game at East End Park last March, with the caveat that we’re ahead this time.

Our home form is just exceptional. One game without a win all season, just 4 goals conceded, half of which were against Montrose back in September. What a chance to finish them off mentally and give them a right pumping. 

In all seriousness, the same players who we battered at their patch, have since recently been beaten at home by fucking Annan, who we horsed down there in miserable conditions with them looking a pub team. Slightly less recently, they have been told indirectly by the minters who run their club that at least 3 of the Falkirk players are sufficiently better than them that they "made an audacious swoop" to replace them with ours. 

I really don't think their players are going to fancy this job very much. This is a match we at Falkirk know well. A match where its the easiest thing in the world to go a couple of goals down and mentally sign the agreement that as long as it doesn't get to 5 or 6, it's fine to hide and do the minimum expected. 

The fact that they successfully came to stifle last time round, got pumped at home by us, and now desperately need to come and win despite knowing that will suit us will cause confusion and fear. 

The only team to leave TFS with anything this season has been Hamilton (10 wins 1 draw) so I am under no illusion of how difficult this game will be.

They do seem to have suffered since losing Scott Martin in the last game between us to injury who is their best player by some distance. Hopefully our win at their place will give us real confidence that we can go and effectively finish the job here. 

Over 5k on the home gate and 2-0 Bairns. Morrison and Miller OGs 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I really hope there's no trouble at this given the behaviour of the Hamilton fans at their place, especially the 30/40 something woman who was wading in with the rest! There's sure to be a police presence which, presumably, we've got to pay for? 

29 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I really hope there's no trouble at this given the behaviour of the Hamilton fans at their place, especially the 30/40 something woman who was wading in with the rest! There's sure to be a police presence which, presumably, we've got to pay for? 

The proximity of the smattering of Hamilton fans to anyone remotely looking for bother will mean that there will be no issues in the stadium. Outwith that, let's just hope they have all left before 90 mins is up to leave us to our celebrating 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The proximity of the smattering of Hamilton fans to anyone remotely looking for bother will mean that there will be no issues in the stadium. Outwith that, let's just hope they have all left before 90 mins is up to leave us to our celebrating 

Aye, I was meaning before or after the game. I'm wondering if they may bring through some extra casuals given the twats that were at our game and the fact that they were nowhere to be seen yesterday, makes me wonder if they're purely there for the trouble.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I was meaning before or after the game. I'm wondering if they may bring through some extra casuals given the twats that were at our game and the fact that they were nowhere to be seen yesterday, makes me wonder if they're purely there for the trouble.

Aye. Knowing the ineptitude of the Police where it applies to football, we'll see about half of the outlandish presence they laid on for the first Stirling Albion game

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I really hope there's no trouble at this given the behaviour of the Hamilton fans at their place, especially the 30/40 something woman who was wading in with the rest!  

She was a belter along with her male friend!

I’ve been to far too many Falkirk games over the years where there’s been a big push for the crowd to turn out in their numbers, only for the team to not show up on the day, to think that this is a forgone conclusion.

Regardless of Hamilton’s apparent issues,  I think they will be up for it - they kind of have to be, as this is a must win for them. We have a better team than them - dare I say, the best squad in the league - but it’s up to the players to show that on the day. I’d like a really early goal to get Accies rocking. Play to our best and we win. Fail to show up and we could be struggling.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Will be a difficult game. It's last chance saloon time for accies who must think they need 3 points minimum from this game to keep the title alive. A win for us and it's all but over and a draw means we are still very much in the driving seat.  The Annan defeat is bound to have given accies confidence a dent so it's up to us to make sure we play to our best to get the win and one hand on the league one title 

Really surprised Accies didn't strengthen more in January given the much heralded 'war chest' they apparently had from the sale of the young guys in August.  

Maybe the players they were going for were as or more ridiculous than our 3 and they just failed to get anyone decent over the line.  

Confident we'll have too much in the tank for them.  3 nil.  

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Will be a difficult game. It's last chance saloon time for accies who must think they need 3 points minimum from this game to keep the title alive. 

They'll probably want more...

I think all Accies fans have accepted that we'll be in the play offs. However, very few of us believe Rankin will be capable of leading us to victory in the play offs. Therefore, I hope you lot scud us on Saturday and that finally sees the end of Rankin and gives us a chance of success in the play offs. 

Falkirk 8-0 Accies 🤞