Dunfermline (9th) v Arbroath (10th) 17th Feb

A nervy game coming up for both sides. Arbroath have been ravaged with enough injuries to field an Injured XI. Even bringing players in during the window who within minutes of playing join the growing list of injured. 

From what I have seen Dunfermline have had a number of injuries too. As to what extent I am unsure but surely not as bad as Arbroath. 

Dunfermline are on a terrible run much like Arbroath and find ourselves in 9th and 10th place. Though despite the terrible runs and injuries both teams are not cut adrift as only 10 points separate 5th and 10th place just now so all still to play for.

Arbroath have not played since January 27th so a 3 week break has come at the right time. We have had time to rest jaded players and hopefully get players back from injury to at least make the bench (club not saying if anyone will be back). Currently looking at only 13 players available for this game with Jacobs suspended after his sending off in the last match and the club selling Balde which is worrying. But if we get a few players back from injury, especially ToB and McKenna, then we will be in a much better frame of mind going into this game. 

Going for a nervy 1-1 draw

12 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Guys, are you still allowed to park on the pavement on the main road which I think is Halbeath Road considering the new laws are now in place. 

Honestly not sure mate but if there's a new law saying you can't park up on pavements then I'd assume there's no special conditions for Halbeath Road. I might be wrong, but I thought Edinburgh were the only ones to have actually enforce this?

Edit - Just read on the STV news website -  it said "the ban won't be enforced in Fife until work to identify exemption areas if completed and approval is given by members". So you'll be fine for Saturday.

This is going to be a shocking game of football. Two nervy sides flinging sh*te at each other for 90 minutes. Fortunately I'm away down south on a stag-do so won't be there, the last two weekend have been dreadful.

Rumour of us getting two "experienced" signings this week. Won't hold my breath although I'm fairy sure there's a wee bit of panic in the boardroom for the first time in a long time and they need to listen to what the manager actually wants. We still have nine first team players missing with injuries, six of which would absolutely start, this has been fairly consistent all season so I'd say our injury woes are every bit as bad, at least your sub goalie has scored a goal...

Hoping there might be some guys closer to returning but one thing for certain is they won't be rushed due to the number of repeat injuries we've now had.

The three week break might help Arbroath, it certainly helped us in January before we went to Tannadice and got a point, however our arse has completely fell out of our trousers since.

Realistically, we should have enough to win the game but the squad's confidence is lower than a snakes belly at the moment, the fans are already well on the players/managers/boards back so if Arbroath can cause us early problems I could see another collapse. Not a 0-5 or 0-3 but I could still see Arbroath taking the points if we don't sort out sh*t out early doors.

Edited by The Toun Clock

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Who's actually missing for you mate?

Last check Gaston, McKenna, TOB, Little, Walker, Lyon, Dow, Norey, Delaney, Steele, Slater and probably one or 2 Iv forget. Jacobs will also be suspended for this one 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Last check Gaston, McKenna, TOB, Little, Walker, Lyon, Dow, Norey, Delaney, Steele, Slater and probably one or 2 Iv forget. Jacobs will also be suspended for this one 

Christ that is bad. Are they all long term or do you reckon any could make the weekend?

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Christ that is bad. Are they all long term or do you reckon any could make the weekend?

Club has been very coy when it comes to giving injury updates. No specific timescale for return other than some are close.

Best guess ToB, Mckenna and Norey back first. Possibly even Lyon, Murray and Slater.

If we can't win this then we are as well consigning ourselves to relegation. We were honking at Gayfield though and were maybe lucky to escape with a point, so this won't be a gimme, despite Arbroath having an injury list even bigger than our own. The problem is that our style of play is so awful, I can see folk being upset even if we manage to win. That creates its own pressure and pressure is not something we seem able to deal with at the moment. It's Signora Montalbano's birthday on Saturday, so thankfully I won't be there. 

24 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I forgot Innes Murray. And Colin Hamilton has been playing with a broken toe. Hopefully that’s healed over the break 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Quite a few have been out for weeks/months. No idea who will be back and when. Only seem to find out who’s available when the team is announced an hour or so before kick offs.

The fact that we have our largest squad in years yet could only name 1 outfield player and a sub goalie for our last game - not to mention having to play our sub keeper outfield v Raith - says it all. Never seen anything like it.

8 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

A nervy game coming up for both sides. Arbroath have been ravaged with enough injuries to field an Injured XI. Even bringing players in during the window who within minutes of playing join the growing list of injured. 

From what I have seen Dunfermline have had a number of injuries too. As to what extent I am unsure but surely not as bad as Arbroath. 

Dunfermline are on a terrible run much like Arbroath and find ourselves in 9th and 10th place. Though despite the terrible runs and injuries both teams are not cut adrift as only 10 points separate 5th and 10th place just now so all still to play for.

Arbroath have not played since January 27th so a 3 week break has come at the right time. We have had time to rest jaded players and hopefully get players back from injury to at least make the bench (club not saying if anyone will be back). Currently looking at only 13 players available for this game with Jacobs suspended after his sending off in the last match and the club selling Balde which is worrying. But if we get a few players back from injury, especially ToB and McKenna, then we will be in a much better frame of mind going into this game. 

Going for a nervy 1-1 draw

We can't afford a nervy 1-1 draw.

Absolute must win gam for us if we are to get out of this hole that we find ourself in.

36 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

We can't afford a nervy 1-1 draw.

Absolute must win gam for us if we are to get out of this hole that we find ourself in.

I would love a win. But going by what we know we have available then that seems unlikely. Only 12 players available that we know of.

All i want is at least a point and not another injury, not even a scratch, for any of our players.

We get through this game, get some game time in boys who are coming back (I am guessing at least 3) then move on to the next game.