Dunfermline (9th) v Arbroath (10th) 17th Feb

That point helps nobody. Think it’s clear that was the bottom 2 going up against each other. We were better than them first half, conceded a goal and looked really vulnerable again after that. The confidence has gone. No idea how we didn’t score towards the end, but I also thought Mehmet had chucked one in the net towards the end and MFW saved us with some really last ditch tackles.

We had enough chances to win today. We conceded a totally abysmal goal, almost schoolboy stuff. 

McCann and Otoo should be scoring those chances at the end. Just the way things seem to be going for us. Arbroath are dreadful, and we have gave them some hope still. Today should have been all about smashing Arbroath, getting the fans back onside, and kicking on to get ourselves back to a better position. It's just not happening for us at all.

Thought the referee was a total walloper as well. Made it all about him. 

Edited by DAFC.

Also, MFW saved us near the end from total disaster with a last ditch effort. Really isn't good enough and I don't know how we finish any better than 9th at this point. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Really? Can't agree with that at all. Thought he did ok.

In no way is that post trying to claim "we wur cheated!!!" but he was giving yellows for nothing at times and generally just being a bit of a cock. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I don’t think his decisions were the issue. He wanted to be the centre of attention and clearly absolutely loves himself. 

Some of the bookings were ridiculous too and he had to make a massive show of every one of them.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

In no way is that post trying to claim "we wur cheated!!!" but he was giving yellows for nothing at times and generally just being a bit of a cock. 

Aye not saying you were claiming that.

Thought he was right with the yellows. If anything he missed one!

We actually scored a goal

We didn't lose

We didn't have to watch Joe Chalmers 

Yay? 

No in all seriousness, Arbroath were a poor outfit and we couldn't beat them either, can't see where our next win is coming from, sleepwalking to League One at this rate under McPake.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Agreed. He was consistent and tried to let the game flow. 
get Chris Kane wrapped in cotton wool till next week. Him and MOH linked up well. 
much more dig about the team IMO. It was piss poor marking for the Arbroath goal, not one player covering him, not even close. We badly need a decent defender (c’mon Ash, get yersel back to EEP)

I really believe we are a defender away from getting away from the relegation zone. I’d like to see Holmes getting a bit longer on the park, I think he could do well for us. 
All said, we didn’t get beat so I’m a happy man. 

A bit better today, plenty more chances made, although we should have buried at least 2 of them.

Defence looked a bit better although the Arbroath goal was so amateur.

Kane looks decent, however as soon as we make and subs we just lose any semblance of a Championship team.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I don’t think his decisions were the issue. He wanted to be the centre of attention and clearly absolutely loves himself. 

Some of the bookings were ridiculous too and he had to make a massive show of every one of them.

Huh, didn't have an issue with him at all.

2 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

We actually scored a goal

We didn't lose

We didn't have to watch Joe Chalmers 

Yay? 

No in all seriousness, Arbroath were a poor outfit and we couldn't beat them either, can't see where our next win is coming from, sleepwalking to League One at this rate under McPake.

We just can't attack effectively. What was Kane's role? Most play went through MOH but he seems low on confidence and they doubled up on him. Not much went through McCann second half. Why was he kept on and Moffat not brought on?

Bit overall, what are our attacking tactics? It's a struggle at times.

Once again we were done in by a soft, soft goal. That was absolutely atrocious defending. Two very tough away games coming up now. In fact it doesn't really get much easier. We only have 5 home games left. Troubling times.

A nervy draw. The shite condition of the pitch played a big factor in that. Cutting up from kickoff and generally making life difficult.

Other results mean its still all to play for for both sides. 

A game to forget

Not as many Pars fans this week calling for McPake's head. I don't think replacing him would achieve much in all honesty. Give him the play-offs, and hope we stay up. The confidence is obviously rock bottom, and I don't think Klopp or Pep could change that at this point. 

Edited by DAFC.