Dunfermline (9th) v Arbroath (10th) 17th Feb

9 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Might "the pitch" become the world's saviour? 

Can’t see it. Not to be bad weather at all this week, bit rainy but nowhere near last weeks rain. I wouldn’t have been shocked if last Saturday was off as it was torrential for about 36 hours until Saturday morning.

To be fairly mild as well so no requirement for USH etc.

Feels like a must win for both sides. Pars have been utterly dreadful to watch for most of the season to be honest, difference being we managed to pick up a decent enough number of points earlier on in the season. 

Desperately miss Bene, Todd and KRH especially, not least because we can't change the midfield which is an absolute disaster. The English kids brought in will have had any confidence they had zapped out of them after the 2 previous games along with the rest of the first team squad.

Pars absolutely stole a point at Gayfield in December,  praying that some sort of scandal has happened in the Arbroath dressing room so we can get some free red cards again to bail us out. 

Hoping the loan of Chris Kane might galvanise us to 3 points but I've got my doubts. Drop any points here and will surely be staring down the barrel of the promotion play offs. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Hoping the loan of Chris Kane might galvanise us to 3 points but I've got my doubts. Drop any points here and will surely be staring down the barrel of the promotion play offs. 

Think you’re right. Automatic promotion will become a tough ask. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Thats the spirit, love this attitude 👍

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Best pubs in town for pre match pints?

The Old Inn probably your best bet. Somewhere Else can be good but I've seen it dead on an early Saturday afternoon or folk in mainly for food. 7 Kings isn't bad IMO although I get some folk don't like it. The Monarch is a bit closer to the ground and is no bad, got a good beer garden for the 2 days of summer we get.

Without any decent midfielders being added to the squad, I'm not confident of anything more than a draw. 

Our midfield is weak as piss, half our 1st choice defenders are out, and we haven't scored a single goal in well over a month. 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Without any decent midfielders being added to the squad, I'm not confident of anything more than a draw. 

Our midfield is weak as piss, half our 1st choice defenders are out, and we haven't scored a single goal in well over a month. 

We’ve not scored since the 30th of December