Dunfermline (9th) v Arbroath (10th) 17th Feb

16 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Did you play a bounce game against Queen of the South?

Aye, ended with us being useless at defending crosses. 

Our only hope is that Kane resurrects us. Next time we play Arbroath is the day before Easter, they're getting it. 

10 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, ended with us being useless at defending crosses. 

Our only hope is that Kane resurrects us. Next time we play Arbroath is the day before Easter, they're getting it. 

PEDANTRY- new testament references. 

Have a good feeling about today.

Might not be silky football but I reckon we'll get the win and it will be a turning point.

Yes, I'm fully aware that I've left myself open to ridicule should we actually get pumped.

If we’re going to end this slump, it has to be today. We need to attack Arbroath, I’m fed up of our negative tactics and our lack of ‘plan b’ once we concede, which means we collapse. If we’ve signed 2 strikers on the last month and haven’t got a game plan that creates chances for them, that’ll just be such a waste.

Both teams low on confidence. Early momentum could be really important. If either team concedes early, they could get hammered if the team in the lead continues to attack them. I know it seems unlikely when you look at the goals scored column for both teams, but both defences are so low on confidence that it might happen.

If we weren’t in a relegation scrap with Arbroath, I’d be wishing Jim McIntyre well at his latest club. Got a lot of time for him, after his spell with us. Really wish he’d gone on to have a better managerial career overall. Also like Arbroath as a club and as an away day. But, it’s us against them, so I hope they lose this battle.

I was hoping we would have had more than one loan signing in before this one so I am not confident in the slightest.

Unless there's a surprise defensive boost allowing Hamilton and Otoo to play in the midfield it's probably going to be more of the same turgid pish with the usual two clowns in the middle of the park.

Massive game though, we have to win, nothing less is acceptable.

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye, we needed a defender in to avoid the two traffic cones playing in midfield today.  If we have those two in midfield, we will get bullied yet again.

TBF with the injury record both teams seem to have had this season I wouldn’t be shocked to see a traffic cone listed on either team sheet. Big game for both sides, must win for Arbroath and must not lose for the Pars.