🔴🟡Thistle vs Dunfermline ⚫️⚪️ - Friday night football 23/02/24

6 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

From what I can see. Pars have Matty Todd and Jakubiak back after both being out for 9 and 7 weeks. They won't start but will make the bench look a lot better.

Think we will probably stary with our 4-2-3-1 after looking a bit more organised last week, rather the mess the previous two weeks. Partick will be too strong for us and can see us losing by a couple goals.

Team I would pick---

Mehmet

Comrie           Fagan-Wallcott              Welch-Hayes      Edwards

Hamilton                               Otoo

Summers

O'Halloran                                                                            Jakubiak

Kane

Subs

Little GK, Benjamin, Allan, Chalmers, Moffat, Todd, McCann

Poor recruitment.

Have one that can reach the crossbar at least.

3 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

If Jakubiak is your solution, you're underestimating the problem.

He isn't but he's better than what we've been able to field recently.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Well that is where the game is going to be.

There's always roadworks on Byres Road so I predict that due to this Partick error Dunfermline don't make it to Maryhill in time for KO.  We're awarded a 3-0 win but that is overturned by UEFA and we have to replay the tie in Monaco.

57 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Whoops...

Screenshot_20240223_162709_Facebook.thumb.jpg.9a020525c0ccbec345a96042eb480ba9.jpg

Better boozers in Partick,quick jaunt on the Clockwork Orange from Kelvinhall up to St George's Cross  and then a wee sprint up Maryhill Road...nae bother.

Edited by I Clavdivs

Can imagine this being a poor away attendance tonight. Anyone making the journey? I'm sticking to the telly, few cans and some form of Asian grub into my grid.

Someone above mentioned tonight being a free hit, still a lot of football to be played but I do think that is quite accurate. Our games against Dundee Utd, Raith and Thistle are free hits for the remainder of the season, anything a bonus. The games against the other six teams are where the points need to be made, and we can do it, we've beat them all apart from Ayr and Inverness, and in fairness we should have beat them both (Ayr at Somerset and Inverness at home when we hit the woodwork about 8 billion times).

It always give me the fear when going into a game, all the opposition fans are expecting a pumping from us. That always leads to one thing with thistle. A complete and utter struggle that all outsiders don’t expect. 

28 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

It always give me the fear when going into a game, all the opposition fans are expecting a pumping from us. That always leads to one thing with thistle. A complete and utter struggle that all outsiders don’t expect. 

Yous (some Thistle fans) said that last time