🔴🟡Thistle vs Dunfermline ⚫️⚪️ - Friday night football 23/02/24

Looking forward to this one. I know Friday night games aren’t everybody’s cup of tea, but personally I always enjoy them.

I would imagine we will make one or two changes to the team going into this game. 

After a run of mainly away games we now have 4 in 6 at home in a 3 week period. Unfortunately the pitch still looks like a bog in patches despite the lack of game time so can't imagine it'll be great by the end of that run. 

Keeping Sneddon in goal would be actively hurting the team at this point I think, he needs taken out for his own confidence. Other than that I agree with the changes mentioned by @oneteaminglasgow

Edited by Fuctifano

I think after yet another clanger by Sneddon, it’ll be back to the rubbish keeper merry-go-round for this one. Looking forward to David Mitchell having a few good games followed by a catastrophe of his own in about 3 weeks time.

And yeah, O’Reilly really needs to be given a chance soon, as we’re chucking in goals at an alarming rate. Ideally he’ll replace Muirhead but I’m not convinced Doolan will bench his pal.

Edited by Nightmare

Draw is best we can hope for now. We're at that stage where we just have to shit fest results and hope to get chances up the field to score to steal points. We are proper shite and are well worthy of being 9th in the league. 

I am genuinely begging for doolan to drop muirhead and  particularly Sneddon. At this point it’s becoming a joke with sneddon. How many goals does he get to chuck before he is taken out. O’reilly in and give Stewart a chance in net. I won’t hold my breath tho as muirhead is clearly his mate. 6 goals shipped in our last 2 games, something HAS to change. If McMillan is fit bring him back in of course and I wouldn’t mind the same team outwith. I think we should really win this one comfortably, but we know exactly what that normally means for thistle. So will take any kind of shitey victory and I am fairly confident graham will score as he tends to go on little purple patches. 

If he gets a CB in this week and we go with Hamilton & Otoo in central midfield like we did in the 1st half against Arbroath, we might give Partick a game. 

Still expect to get battered though, we haven't won in nine so winning at Firhill seems highly unlikely.