🔴🟡Thistle vs Dunfermline ⚫️⚪️ - Friday night football 23/02/24

21 hours ago, timbermill tactician said:

I'll be watching this from behind my couch. I fear for us if we lose an early goal.

I'll go 3-0 thistle.

Hopefully the team prove me wrong.

I'll take 0-0 all day long .

Yes because Thistle are famous for holding a lead.

The pars currently carry a very limited attacking threat and are struggling most weeks to keep a clean sheet. Not a great combo. The previous meeting at Firhill we got completely overrun, especially in the 2nd half by Fitzpatrick and Lawless, have to perform a whole lot better to get something from this one. 

7 hours ago, thisal said:

Yes because Thistle are famous for holding a lead.

You’ve held a lead for 147 out of the 180 minutes between the sides this season and won both games, having taken the lead in the 12th and 21st minute of each game. 

We have been much worse recently, than we were going into either of those games. We’ve scored 1 goal in our last 4 games, it’s hard to throw away a lead against a team that can’t score goals.

I assume no new signing now before this game, and even if a signing is made, I doubt they'd go straight in. And for that reason, I'm out - defensively we're incredibly weak so can't see anything other than a comfortable Thistle win.

Yet again, it's a case of hoping for signs of life from some of the squad and that everyone makes it through the game unscathed. Maybe even an appearance on the bench from Matty Todd, etc. Even then, I wouldn't risk any player returning from injury in this game - there's far more important games on the horizon and I would be introducing them very carefully when they are available.

Expecting another uncomfortable 90 minutes. :(

Doolan's Jagzone preview says Sneddon has a knee injury, not sure if made up cover story for dropping him or a punishment beating has been administered but we'll have an overdue change in goals anyway. 

O'Reilly out as well with a calf strain, sounds like he's had some kind of injury since he signed. 

Mcmillan and Diack are available again though. 

From what I can see. Pars have Matty Todd and Jakubiak back after both being out for 9 and 7 weeks. They won't start but will make the bench look a lot better.

Think we will probably stary with our 4-2-3-1 after looking a bit more organised last week, rather the mess the previous two weeks. Partick will be too strong for us and can see us losing by a couple goals.

Team I would pick---

Mehmet

Comrie           Fagan-Wallcott              Welch-Hayes      Edwards

Hamilton                               Otoo

Summers

O'Halloran                                                                            Jakubiak

Kane

Subs

Little GK, Benjamin, Allan, Chalmers, Moffat, Todd, McCann

I assume Holmes in the squad too? Sounds like Comrie on crutches now. I also don't see McPake sitting Chalmers for 2 games or bringing the Jak straight back in, so I'll go for:

Mehmet

Welch-Hayes  /  Fagan-Walcott  /  Hamilton  /  Edwards

MOH                  /  Otoo                     /  Chalmers  /  McCann

Summers

Kane

This could be McPake's favoured back three by pushing Hamilton on a bit but there's too many question marks around Fagan-Walcott and too soon for Welch Hayes. 

Depending on the fitness of the bench, there are options across midfield and attack. However, question marks around Benjamin's form/ability and Welch-Hayes' fitness means defence is still incredibly suspect.

I continue to be interested in seeing what Holmes can offer and I'm losing interest in Summers and McCann.

All in all, expecting nothing from this other than to see what some players are made of.

Edited by AuldReekie

5 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

From what I can see. Pars have Matty Todd and Jakubiak back after both being out for 9 and 7 weeks. They won't start but will make the bench look a lot better.

Think we will probably stary with our 4-2-3-1 after looking a bit more organised last week, rather the mess the previous two weeks. Partick will be too strong for us and can see us losing by a couple goals.

Team I would pick---

Mehmet

Comrie           Fagan-Wallcott              Welch-Hayes      Edwards

Hamilton                               Otoo

Summers

O'Halloran                                                                            Jakubiak

Kane

Subs

Little GK, Benjamin, Allan, Chalmers, Moffat, Todd, McCann

Swap O'Halloran for Kane, and then put Holmes up front, I think that could work well. Jakubiak and Kane are grafters, and the boy Holmes looks like he is clever at creating space. Would also drop Summers for Todd and go for it. We have to take punts on Jak and Todd. They have to play at some point. 

41 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Swap O'Halloran for Kane, and then put Holmes up front, I think that could work well. Jakubiak and Kane are grafters, and the boy Holmes looks like he is clever at creating space. Would also drop Summers for Todd and go for it. We have to take punts on Jak and Todd. They have to play at some point. 

No way would I be pushing Jak and Todd tonight, other than maybe a 20 minute run out. It's just not worth the risk. This is a free hit tonight IMO, where any points are a bonus, and another week or two easing them in will hopefully mean we can maximise them for the run in, not risk further injury at the first hurdle.