Names you don't like.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Has anyone ever met a Kyle who wasn't an arsehole?

of Lochalsh.

Classic example of bizarre name choice though. Why would you call your child "narrow"? Pretty sure you weren't thinking that whilst he was wrecking your vagina.

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Has anyone ever met a Kyle who wasn't an arsehole?

I only know one Kyle and he was kinda chill but his parents didn't allow any TVs in his gaff and he played cricket...

An obvious detestable name is Kai (or any other disgusting spelling) but I feel like that name has kinda died out, makes me feel old but most "Kai's" are now in their twenties, definitely had it's moment. 

Edited by RuMoore

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

most "Kai's" are now in their twenties, definitely had it's moment. 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's making a comeback:

Screenshot_20240306_000330.jpg

And the USAians are going loco for it:Screenshot_20240306_000714.jpg.34d16f61645ddb90016aa9d191587582.jpg

Edited by DiegoDiego

11 hours ago, RuMoore said:

I only know one Kyle and he was kinda chill but his parents didn't allow any TVs in his gaff and he played cricket...

An obvious detestable name is Kai (or any other disgusting spelling) but I feel like that name has kinda died out, makes me feel old but most "Kai's" are now in their twenties, definitely had it's moment. 

I know one lovely lad called Kai up here. Mid twenties. Not a football fan. His da is from Blantyre and is the worst of the Rangers fan stereotypes mocked on here. Named his boy after a Swedish former Rangers striker.

@coprolite I'm guessing your daughter is called Jess, but am actually hoping it's Wilimilla.

14 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's making a comeback:

Screenshot_20240306_000330.jpg

And the USAians are going loco for it:Screenshot_20240306_000714.jpg.34d16f61645ddb90016aa9d191587582.jpg

Yippee! Kai, eh? Motherf*cker! 

6 hours ago, velo army said:

I know one lovely lad called Kai up here. Mid twenties. Not a football fan. His da is from Blantyre and is the worst of the Rangers fan stereotypes mocked on here. Named his boy after a Swedish former Rangers striker.

@coprolite I'm guessing your daughter is called Jess, but am actually hoping it's Wilimilla.

Neither I’m afraid. A female equivalent of a former player’s name with whom we share a surname is all. Like Thea Ten Cat or Sharon Mackie, but not them.

From Mrs Peil

"A lady I worked at Clemson with, whose sons are named Xander and Roper, just posted that her brother had a baby named - get this, this is a new one for me - Highland"

Yanks are weird

21 hours ago, coprolite said:

Neither I’m afraid. A female equivalent of a former player’s name with whom we share a surname is all. Like Thea Ten Cat or Sharon Mackie, but not them.

Roberta Conna

On 07/03/2024 at 01:10, DiegoDiego said:

Koreans? Highland, McDiarmid and Linkin are all fine names for Park boys.

Nah, generic South Carolinian roasters