1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Jennifer 

Alison 

Phillipa 

Sue

Deborah 

Annabelle too. 

Wid.

I detest Mrs Mullarkey's name tbh.  Its an old school 70s style name, invented by an author for his most famous book (before the 70s). Its also one of my sisters names.

46 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wid.

I detest Mrs Mullarkey's name tbh.  Its an old school 70s style name, invented by an author for his most famous book (before the 70s). Its also one of my sisters names.

Janice Mullarkey has a decent ring to it tbf.

(I was also thinking Lorna, but she was my high school crush and therefore is synonymous with the mid to late 90's).

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Do you want her back?

I'm up your way at the weekend so can do Sunday.

Funnily enough she used to smoke like a lum when we were at school so perhaps there's something in the name.

Sunday's good aye. Just drop her off at the Grampian bar in Torry.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Never met a Beelzebub that wasn't an arsehole Prince of darkness.

Same goes for Aleister.

I knew an Aleister at school. He wasn't an arsehole Prince of Darkness, more a sort of minor aristocratic of one of the lesser evil circles of hell. 

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Never met a Beelzebub that wasn't an arsehole Prince of darkness.

Same goes for Aleister.

Weirdly by the time he died he was a loving father of his young son. How the turntables etc.

Any name that can be shortened into several aliases. See Robert, William for examples. If you want your kid to be named Bob, Bobby, Rob, Robbie then name them that. Not sure I've ever encountered a Robert known as Robert or a William known as William. 

16 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Any name that can be shortened into several aliases. See Robert, William for examples. If you want your kid to be named Bob, Bobby, Rob, Robbie then name them that. Not sure I've ever encountered a Robert known as Robert or a William known as William. 

Shame, Robert the Bruce & William Wallace would have liked to have met you.

On 18/02/2024 at 17:35, Thane of Cawdor said:

Horace and Daphne. What were Maw and Paw thinking? I'll be surprised if Horace survives adolescence.

Apart from "The Broons" can not remember coming across the name Horace before

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I got lost in the UEFA site and was trying to remember who this Robert Williamson was who used to manage Kilmarnock.