Names you don't like.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Place names for first names- you get Brooklyn Beckham but you don't get Alloa McGlumpherty or Tillicoultry Davidson. 

But there are a lot of Skyes.

There's a FB group called 'that name is a tragedeigh' where a lot of shite names are mocked. I've seen 'Paisley' being used as a name for kids of US parents. I've even seen someone within my company with 'Abcde' as a first name. 😂

Agree on professions as names. Always makes me think of ghastly middle-class American families trying to hark back to a history they actually lack.

Some stepford wives looking boot shouting out to the garden "Hunter, Carter, time for supper. Can you tell Piper to come f or her supper too?"

Also, even though the names themselves are inoffensive, I get annoyed by over-popular names. Half the kids in my son's class seem to be Jack or Max or some shit. I don't want parents to go for overly obscure either, but try and name your kid something different from his 12 cousins, you twat.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Said woman was an idiot as the name "Erin" means "Ireland" in Irish. 

Place names for first names- you get Brooklyn Beckham but you don't get Alloa McGlumpherty or Tillicoultry Davidson. 

I suppose if the director of "Snatch" had been Scottish he might have been called Milngavie Ritchie though. 

You could go for Partick and the kid would have the out of saying the registrar was dyslexic 

I mind years and years ago on a Rangers forum someone posted how they were having a child and they wanted it to be something Rangers related but his partner had rejected this idea so he was looking for names that were related yet subtle enough his partner wouldn't notice. His idea for a girls name was Broxanne. 

2 hours ago, RuMoore said:

I mind years and years ago on a Rangers forum someone posted how they were having a child and they wanted it to be something Rangers related but his partner had rejected this idea so he was looking for names that were related yet subtle enough his partner wouldn't notice. His idea for a girls name was Broxanne. 

Honey?

When I first started teaching here it was in a school on the southside of Chicago. Seemed like every boy there was some variant of ***'Shawn, ususally a letter or a short one-syllable word.

Absolute nonsense, disliked those names ever since!

Edited by Raidernation