Stenhousemuir -vs- Clyde (Saturday 24 February 2024)

11 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Spot on. "I pay my money like everyone else !!11111!1!11!1!1!!" merchants seem to be unable to grasp this, though.

The biggest mouth breathers that follow football at any level are the "ah pay ma money" bigrade. It's as though the money has been forced out of their pocket as they go foaming at the mouth on their latest, incoherent rant.

Usually brain dead, oxygen thieves. Not what THE BULLY WEE need in their time of crisis that's for sure.

13 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Personally, I think fans should be free to give players pelters for playing poorly if they wish. The question is, does it ever result in improving player performance? 

I would suggest it at best has no effect but often can result in the player becoming even worse - either deliberately in a "get it up ye" or just through panic/increased nerves due to the abuse. 

As frustrating as it is, I find it hard to get angry if a players playing poorly or makes mistakes. That can happen particularly at our level. It's a complete obvious lack of effort that should justify pelters (by all accounts Young, King and others against Forfar)

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

The biggest mouth breathers that follow football at any level are the "ah pay ma money" bigrade. It's as though the money has been forced out of their pocket as they go foaming at the mouth on their latest, incoherent rant.

Usually brain dead, oxygen thieves. Not what THE BULLY WEE need in their time of crisis that's for sure.

Bang on, aye. We all get annoyed, and that's fine! Literally no one connected with Clyde FC is happy with the club at the moment to say the least. However, this whole performative swearing and shouting at players malarky is pathetic.

One of the prime examples of it, although not at our own team, was at the Stranraer game. When they celebrated their first goal, the usual suspects were right down at the side of the park, effin and jeffin and squaring up to the Stranraer players, who were obviously just laughing at them and rightly so. Calling it unhinged behaviour would be generous.

51 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Bang on, aye. We all get annoyed, and that's fine! Literally no one connected with Clyde FC is happy with the club at the moment to say the least. However, this whole performative swearing and shouting at players malarky is pathetic.

One of the prime examples of it, although not at our own team, was at the Stranraer game. When they celebrated their first goal, the usual suspects were right down at the side of the park, effin and jeffin and squaring up to the Stranraer players, who were obviously just laughing at them and rightly so. Calling it unhinged behaviour would be generous.

I think "drunk behaviour" would probably be a more accurate description. Not excusing it but mix alcohol with seeing your team get pumped by complete dross every other week and that's the result. 

51 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I think "drunk behaviour" would probably be a more accurate description. Not excusing it but mix alcohol with seeing your team get pumped by complete dross every other week and that's the result. 

I don't think it is 'drunk behaviour' to be quite honest. It's grown men acting out like children. You see it all the time, performative nonsense.

I find it hard to criticise anyone that is still committed enough to follow the club given how easy it would be to stop going, as many have.

I may not agree with how certain people behave but that’s up to them. At least some are still passionate and care about that state of the club. To me sitting in quiet acceptance and turning on others venting their frustration is worse than ranting at the players for being shite (as unproductive as this ultimately is). 

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

To me sitting in quiet acceptance and turning on others venting their frustration is worse than ranting at the players for being shite (as unproductive as this ultimately is). 

I'm not really sure anyone is 'sitting in quiet acceptance' - everyone is frustrated. Everyone shouts 'aw for f**k sake!'. Everyone is annoyed at the standard of refereeing. Everyone hates Jim Duffy. Ultimately, everyone is pink on the inside.

I think the key is to maybe try and behave like a normal human, as opposed to finally expressing those deep-rooted parental/sexuality issues by foaming at the mouth and pretending you want to fight both sets of players, coaches, referees, lino's, Ebbo, the boy in the pie hut, Bully the Bull etc. That gets you nowhere except potentially a bit on A View From The Terrace where the entire audience will be laughing at how stupid you look.

Ultimately the most effective thing we can do as supporters is stop putting our money in. You can then stay at home and cry as you stare at yourself in the mirror, like I do every evening!

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'm not really sure anyone is 'sitting in quiet acceptance' - everyone is frustrated. Everyone shouts 'aw for f**k sake!'. Everyone is annoyed at the standard of refereeing. Everyone hates Jim Duffy. Ultimately, everyone is pink on the inside.

I think the key is to maybe try and behave like a normal human, as opposed to finally expressing those deep-rooted parental/sexuality issues by foaming at the mouth and pretending you want to fight both sets of players, coaches, referees, lino's, Ebbo, the boy in the pie hut, Bully the Bull etc. That gets you nowhere except potentially a bit on A View From The Terrace where the entire audience will be laughing at how stupid you look.

Ultimately the most effective thing we can do as supporters is stop putting our money in. You can then stay at home and cry as you stare at yourself in the mirror, like I do every evening!

Aye, but that's not just because you don't go to watch Clyde any more...

16 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Ross Lyon played 25+ games for Stenny in the 21/22 season at a mixture of right and left back. He was reasonable at worst. Perhaps Ross Lyon isn't the problem.

His poor individual performances and mistakes are absolutely his problem

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

Actress_from_the_1920s.png

On 23/02/2024 at 13:10, Clyde01 said:

I find it hard to criticise anyone that is still committed enough to follow the club given how easy it would be to stop going, as many have.

I imagine many of those shouting abuse at young men whose main crime is to be selected for Clyde find the idea of a day off spent with their spouse even worse than watching the slow demise of the club they once loved.