Stenhousemuir -vs- Clyde (Saturday 24 February 2024)

Jordan Allan today was everything we were missing in midweek. Ross Meechan just could not handle him. While 6-1 flattered us, and everything seemed to go in, there can be no argument about us deserving victory today. Sula was excellent and showed why he should've been starting midweek, Lyon acquitted himself very well too. But Allan was the one that made everything tick; I thought "here we go again" as his shot for the second goal hit the inside of the post, but he got the piece of luck he deserved and tucked away the rebound. He was immense today, along with so many of them.

This means nothing if we don't build on it, though. The Clyde backing - though (understandably) a bit reduced in number - was terrific today, even when we went behind. Hopefully this can be a turning point for players and fans and we can start to believe a bit.

White kit every week now, please.

An unexpected win at top of the league somewhat cancels out Tuesday nights disaster. Next three games are Elgin, Forfar and Bonnyrigg. We really need a big haul of points from that to give us a chance. At least we have a glimmer of hope again.

Edited by Clyde01

13 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Jordan Allan today was everything we were missing in midweek. Ross Meechan just could not handle him. While 6-1 flattered us, and everything seemed to go in, there can be no argument about us deserving victory today. Sula was excellent and showed why he should've been starting midweek, Lyon acquitted himself very well too. But Allan was the one that made everything tick; I thought "here we go again" as his shot for the second goal hit the inside of the post, but he got the piece of luck he deserved and tucked away the rebound. He was immense today, along with so many of them.

This means nothing if we don't build on it, though. The Clyde backing - though (understandably) a bit reduced in number - was terrific today, even when we went behind. Hopefully this can be a turning point for players and fans and we can start to believe a bit.

White kit every week now, please.

Meechs will be having nightmares of Jordan Allan this evening.

It was a savage display. Never really rated him much until today but he had absolutely everything in his game today any defender would have struggled against him.

There’s bad days at the office then there’s that!

Fair play to Clyde, they thoroughly deserved the win and if this result can galvanise them and set them off on a run of good results they should be fine come May.

Some of our defending was calamitous and the goals conceded were preventable, and there was little to no conviction or belief in our attack which was really frustrating as I thought we’d actually started pretty good.

Hopefully this result is a bit of a reality check - since the winning run came to an end we’ve not hit anywhere near the same levels of performance or consistency - and we can get back on track away to Bonnyrigg next week.

51 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I went to Elgin midweek, we lost
I went to Stranraer, we lost.
I went midweek against Forfar, we lost.
I thought f**k it I'm not going to Stenhousemuir... 😂

I'm starting to think I'm a Jonah.

With all due respect, think you should spend the season on the couch…

Well done to Clyde, thought they looked hungry, won pretty much every second ball, held their shape well and looked strong. Allan, Cuddihy and Rennie all put in good performances.

We allowed them too much time on the ball, 4th goal in particular. First goal, our wall split a part for the free-kick and the 2nd was a howler from Meechan. 

Jacobs isn't a right back and was surprised not to see him move into midfield, Meechan over to right back and Lynch come on for Brown at half-time. 

Aitken seemed to stumble and couldn't find his feet. His movement was off, didn't get in front of a defender or provide many lay-offs. A bad day at the office for him.

Got to hope that this provides a sobbering wake-up call to the Warriors players and we get our determination and drive back. We go again next weekend and we need a win. 

Poor Jimmy Choo, what you going to moan about tonight? 🤣

Edited by Old Fashioned Stramash

5 minutes ago, Old Fashioned Stramash said:

Well done to Clyde, thought they looked hungry, won pretty much every second ball, held their shape well and looked strong. 

Might be the first time that applies to us this season 

Where to begin with that!  First to say that I had to drag myself along there this afternoon.  Having bottled it against the teams that we needed to catch, I had no expectations - perhaps even hoped for a point.  Liam Scullion's free kick was one of the best set pieces I have seen all season.  Jamieson had no chance of getting to that without sustaining multiple fractures.  second goal, fair play to Jordan All for his composure and keeping the head to put away the rebound.  Obviously being behind the away goal, I didn't get the best sighting of our four (yes four) goals in the second half, but not a player could be faulted for anything this afternoon.  Our defence looked the best I have seen all season.  A few chances missed, but a cracking afternoon out.   And an excellent pie and bovril into the bargain.