Stenhousemuir -vs- Clyde (Saturday 24 February 2024)

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Was it not 4-3 🤔 I seem to remember, after being 3-0 down at half time too if memory serves. We also beat them 7-1 at broadwood that season. 

Definitely 3-4. I still have the Sunday mail cut out of that game! 🤣

For the most part we were solid and hard to break down today, big props to Sula, who in the 2nd half dealt with everything thrown in the box with ease. It was one of those days where every time we went forward we seemed to find the right pass, or sheer guts got us the opportunity. Rennie and Allan were brilliant in their own ways, and to a man, the rest outplayed their counterparts. I pray to god this game is a launchpad for the next 10 games, we aren't done yet!

8 hours ago, Abshok said:

Definitely 3-4. I still have the Sunday mail cut out of that game! 🤣

One of my favourite Clyde games, that season was amazing. 

Ridiculous result yesterday should do wonders for their confidence. Have to follow it up with a win against Elgin next Sat though. 

We've just broke our long over due away winless run so hopefully can put the long run without winning two league games in a row to bed too. 

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Big Sula always has it in his locker to make an absolute James Blunt of something but I think in general he’s a good player at this level and on his day can be a standout performer.

Don't rate him personally but it's all about opinions and fair play to him for turning in a good performance yesterday

14 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

f4cbbf80-213e-4e6f-b7e2-d079c119f560_tex

For me, player of the match though was Martin Rennie.  I've given him stick, as have a lot of people, because at times he doesn't show enough bravery.  But up front, and in defence, he was simply outstanding.  Had we had that Martin Rennie all season, we might have at least not been fighting to stay up.

That pretty much sums up Rennie's time at Montrose. Scored a few spectacular and important goals, but didn't seem streetwise enough for the rigours of SPFL fitba'. 

There's a good player in there, but he's just a bit too lightweight at times.

I think this was Clyde's biggest away win since the 6-1 win at Brockville on the soaking wet night of 05 March 2002.  Good stuff but this must be maintained to have even a chance of staying in the league for next season.

Good to see the team back in white shirts and black shorts.  Dressing this season's team in red jerseys because that's what the great teams of the mid 1950s wore was just daft in my opinion.  I assume it was last year's home kit dug out of the laundry, with no #99 for Allan, forcing him to wear Ross Cunningham's old #10 jersey. 

17 hours ago, Johnny Worm said:

I think the 6-3 was away to Stirling Albion IIRC

24 years later and I still get upset with my dad's decision that morning not to go.

The 4-3 Stenny game was the same day Hearts came from 2-0 to win 3-2 at Parkhead. Would like to have known the odds on two away wins when Celtic were two up and Stenny three.

It'll take me sometime to get over missing yesterday. Not that I'm overreacting but I might have to consider punting the kids to ensure it never happens again.

10 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

One of my favourite Clyde games, that season was amazing. 

Ridiculous result yesterday should do wonders for their confidence. Have to follow it up with a win against Elgin next Sat though. 

We've just broke our long over due away winless run so hopefully can put the long run without winning two league games in a row to bed too. 

Got goosebumps watching the fourth goal fly in there! 

that’s also one of my favourite ever Clyde games. I remember a few Stenny fans in the row behind us mouthing off at half time to try and wind us up. Needless to say it was a different story at full time!

21 hours ago, Replays said:

Good Lord Martin Rennie! Thanks to WarriorsTV for an incredible angle of the fourth.

I'm a massive fan of the boy who has scaled the fives pitches. I'd have fallen off celebrating that goal.

9 hours ago, Scarves said:

I think this was Clyde's biggest away win since the 6-1 win at Brockville on the soaking wet night of 05 March 2002.  Good stuff but this must be maintained to have even a chance of staying in the league for next season.

Good to see the team back in white shirts and black shorts.  Dressing this season's team in red jerseys because that's what the great teams of the mid 1950s wore was just daft in my opinion.  I assume it was last year's home kit dug out of the laundry, with no #99 for Allan, forcing him to wear Ross Cunningham's old #10 jersey. 

Yeah remember that night and your right it was absolutely pouring it down

Thought it was 6-0 but take your word for it

Hat tricks for both Carrigan and Hinds

On 24/02/2024 at 17:03, superandy_07 said:

image.thumb.png.8ae6954c715888d944ef48309884e988.png

This week Craig could you predict Elgin as your "Banker" winner on "A View from the Terrace", loved your confidence on selecting last weeks Stenny prediction. Come to think of it could you predict all the remaining Clyde opponents for a win in the remaining 10 games for our "Great Escape" story......................... do love the programme keep up the good work..........