What yesterday showed for me is how resilient this Morton team is, standing up to that and getting the result. Referees at this level might be consistently weak but we certainly aren’t. Blues and Power were particularly good.  

As for Airdrie, they were clearly sent out to clatter us whenever possible. ATS shouldn’t have been on the pitch when he injured Oakley. They played like thugs, were fortunate to finish with more than 9 men and got exactly what they deserved out of the game.

At least they got to enjoy McCabe’s renowned brand of football, which in this instance amounted to kicking anything that moved and shelling aimless balls at todorov for 90 minutes. 

Some enjoyable highlights included Garritty’s wonder goal, Oakley putting their coach on his arse and Airdrie fans showing their class by targeting Quitongo while he set up the first. Special mention for those same fans calling the ref a cheat while Crawford was receiving treatment after a horrendous, unpunished challenge. Top stuff. 

Just watched highlights.

-Our second goal does look offside.

-The challenge on Crawford wasn't as bad as first viewing. Yellow probably right. 

-Mullen and McGregor was just a coming together, McGregor actually jumps into him if anything. Mullen does make contact with the ball.

-The Airdrie pen claim is never a pen.

-Marking at Airdrie goal was shocking.

-Quitongo needs to score that header which would have killed the game.

- Airdrie fans booing Quitongo as he assists Oakley, lovely.

18 minutes ago, madton said:

Just watched highlights.

-Our second goal does look offside.

-The challenge on Crawford wasn't as bad as first viewing. Yellow probably right. 

-Mullen and McGregor was just a coming together, McGregor actually jumps into him if anything. Mullen does make contact with the ball.

-The Airdrie pen claim is never a pen.

-Marking at Airdrie goal was shocking.

-Quitongo needs to score that header which would have killed the game.

- Airdrie fans booing Quitongo as he assists Oakley, lovely.

I'm not sure, there's no way to definitely tell but if you look across to Taylor-Sinclair when the ball is played they look around level. It's certainly very close so wouldn't blame the linesman. As I said in our thread our back-line needs to be a better unit, ATS is behind everyone else.

I disagree with Mullen's challenge though, he makes contact with the ball but only after barging into McGregor, I think it's a foul. However it would have been a yellow and a free-kick so it's irrelevant to the outcome.

53 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Nothing more that a yellow for me here although it’s a terrible attempt to header the ball 

Looked like that to me at the time but wanted to wait and see it back before commenting as Morton fans were closer. It did seem an overreaction - accused of a deliberate elbow to a premeditated attempt to injure. Was waiting for him to be accused of snipering him from the top of the cowshed next….

On balance - looks like the three big calls, he got right. Can’t tell the offside so not gonna argue it. More concerned with our defending. 

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Deceptive angle - Garrity looks to be in line or just this side of the penalty spot. The Airdrie defender to the left of the referee seems to be in line with it.

Did you get your ruler out? I think we can say it’s inconclusive. 

Pointless debating Garrity's goal being offside at that angle. Those who watched Thistle v Dunfermline on Friday night will understand why.

Regardless, you've got to take your hat off to Morton for the run they're on with a bottom 3 budget.'